All reviews pilrig street host gareth fresh fruit city centre leith walk front of the house b bs bus stop breakfast was delicious private bathroom guest house scottish breakfast top floor excellent stay visiting edinburgh royal mile buses
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We stayed over the long Easter weekend. Due to flight arrival times we arrived before the official check-in time, however this was no problem. We were greeted by Gareth on arrival who showed us to our room and then gave us some top tips on things to do whilst we were in Edinburgh (we did them all!)

We stayed in room 1 which was at the front of the house - the room itself was fairly large as was the shower room which had complementary toiletries. The bed, whilst firm, was probably the most comfortable bed I've slept in in years - I had 3 of the best nights sleep that I've had in a long time. Despite being at the front of the house, there was minimal noise from outside.

There was a great choice of breakfast, both cooked options plus a buffet (cereal, fruit, French pastries, freshly baked bread) - very tasty indeed.

The location is great - approximately a 15-20 mins walk to Princes Street and a similar distance to the waterfront at Leith. For those who don't want to walk, there are buses aplenty from the main road nearby and one bus that stops almost outside the B&B.

Overall a great place to stay if visiting Edinburgh.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We had the best staying. Gareth was so friendly and helpful.. Excellent breakfast. They kindly place some treats for their guests on entrance. Easy access to the city center (bus 11).
We totally recommend fraoch ❤️

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one day during my edinburgh visit. I booked a room with washroom for 50 pounds online at MakeMyTrip. After landing at edinburgh waverley train station, I got a bus from a bus stop which was about 300m from train station and it was a bit tricky to locate the right bus stop as there were few around the station. Bus took 15 min to drop me at pilrig street bus stop. There is a big church on one corner of the street. After entering pilrig street, I had to walk for just 200m and on left hand I found the board, Fraoch House mentioned on it. It is a house converted into a small hotel. As I pressed the door bell, a smiling and very good sense of humor man, whose name I knew later- Heather, opened the door and guessed my name, to be exact and announced that I am his guest of the day. He took me upstairs and explained me about the room and then asked about my plan about the sightseeing. He handed me a map and guided how to make best use of my one day time to explore maximum in the edinburgh. Room was very homely, clean, well maintained, with a kettle and a very comfy double bed. Washroom was not attached to room, it was separate, though there was not much issue using it. I felt very comfortable staying here. Buffet breakfast was very nice, I tried a number of options and ate up to my full. The host was very nice and had a great sense of humor. I recommend staying here for the good location, bit far from central edinburgh but still manageable.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2018

We found Fraoch through tripadvisor ratings. Gareth is really nice and very funny! He was most helpful when it came to sorting out activities for us and the friends we had visiting Edinburgh for the first time. The room met all of our needs and breakfast was tasty. The bus stop is right outside the door and parking was easy to find on the street.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2018

We stayed here 9 years ago and fell in love with the place. We tried to stay back again other times but 'unfortunately' the house was busy as hell (that's what happens when you offer superb customer service at more than reasonable prices with a friendly approach second to none, so you better book well in advance).

This last time we were lucky and got a room for 4 nights. The result? Another great stay in a hearty place in a wonderful city. And what about the host and his team? Gareth represents what Edinburgh is: Scotland at its best. And his team always tries their best to make sure you feel like home (Kat was very helpful getting keys and welcome pack sorted out as we where arriving at odd hours after a long drive).

We'll be back (said in a nonthreatening way).

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple