“Busy pub on a the Royal Mile ”
Review of Inn on the Mile

Inn on the Mile
Ranked #581 of 2,700 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: USD 9 - USD 20
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Our aim is pretty simple really- we don't go in for tiny portions of unpronounceable food... Instead we love fresh produce, hearty cooking, and a good stiff drink to wash it all down. If you are after a lighter bite, we also serve a selection of hot panini's every day, just ask us what's cooking
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Busy pub on the Royal Mile with good food and lots of drinks variety. Busy place so booking is doing recommended.
Daily specials on offer and pub has a delightful charm when you visit. Good location right on the Royal Mile

64manager, Manager at Inn on the Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear Vince M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our restaurant.

We really appreciate your kind comment regarding our food and drinks offer.

We do hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for our “post night out” breakfast and all left fully satisfied. Very tasty breakfast, highly recommend the scrambled eggs.
Our waitresses were lovely, especially the one (unfortunately didn’t catch her name) who chatted with us and recommended things for us to do with our day.
Would certainly return when I’m next visiting the capital!

64manager, Manager at Inn on the Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Emma T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our restaurant.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your "post night out" breakfast with your friends.

I will share your kind comment with our staff.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Popped in on Thursday night and sat at the bar totally ignored by 2 barstaff who were more interested in serving friends sat for 10 mins totally ignored decided to leave. Definitely won't be back.

Dear 171288,

Thank you for taking the time to review you recent visit to our bar.

Firstly, I am really sorry the service failed in this occasion.

We take every feed seriously and I will make sure this won't happen again.

Kindest reagards

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Dropped in after attending the near by book fair and at first had a coffee, but the menu was tempting and I stayed for a meal. Staff do not acknowledge you and service a bit slow given how quiet it was. A bar and a dining area with a bit of a squeeze at the former. A bit surprised to be carrying a heavy coat and a parcel with a walking stick and then given milk and coffee to carry without a tray or offer of assistance - quite a task for anyone. Tables could be cleaner. Obviously popular and a hotel to boot.

1  Thank Rossergruffydd

Dear Rossergruffydd,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our venue.

We appreciate your feedback and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I went here for a bit of lunch as I knew they would show the rugby and had good food.

The club sandwich I had was tasty but the nachos my girlfriend got came cold. This was a little disappointing.

It took a while for the fresh nachos to come and so I had finished my food. But when they did come they hit the spot and were good.

They have a good range of drinks and a really good atmosphere considering it is more restauranty than the places showing sport around it.

There was, however, one really good point that left me tossing between a 5* and a 4*. And that was the service of Julie. She was attentive, helpful and just really pleasant. It was interesting to watch her go around the packed restaurant making sure everyone was happy. A real significant bright spot. She looked and seemed like she just to make sure everyone had a really good time and it showed.

5* service from Julie, and good food let down slightly.

2  Thank Nick C
64manager, Manager at Inn on the Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Nick C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to our restaurant.

I am glad to hear the staff pleasant and that your meal good after the problem has been fixed.

i will share your feedback with Julie, I am sure she will be more than happy to hear about that.