“Lovely little spot”
Review of The clock cafe

The clock cafe
Ranked #951 of 2,729 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, great lunch menu, decent prices and is nice on top then has a cute stairway down to an unexpected larger dining area which has two little fireplaces and lots of tables. Food was very nice (I had the halloumi burger and my boyfriend had a traditional breakfast which comes with orange juice).

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I’ve been here for lunch a couple times and I’ve never had a bad experience. It’s a great local and they do good coffee. The portions are quite big you get chips and salad with most mains and it’s only around £7/8 so it’s grapeat value for money. The panini sauce and sandwiches are cheaper but portions are still big so it’s great of you’re hungry.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I met my son for a late breakfast at the Clock- he lives close by, and the Clock is a favourite of his. It is a great neighbourhood cafe/diner. Friendly service and a tasty breakfast. I had a cheese omelette which hash brown, bacon and beans which was lovely. My lad polished of his full breakfast. Two mighty breakfasts. 4 coffees, 2 fruit juices for £23: very good value. If I lived close by I would use the Clock regularly. Recommended.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The food is great here, lots of different options available. Everything reasonably priced and it's a large cafe so there is always room. The owner is such a delightful man, he really tries hard to please his customers and all the staff are nice too. The wraps and salads are great value

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I ate breakfast there today with some friends. The service is quite nice and the food is not too bad. I would guess prices are average for Edinburgh and I would recommend this restaurant as a place to eat.