“Great food, great staff.”
Review of Vinyasa

Vinyasa
Reserve with OpenTable
Vinyasa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #208 of 2,754 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Welcome to Vinyasa, Edinburgh's finest Indian restaurant located in the heart of our great city. Visit us today or visit our website to find out more.
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Arrived at a quiet time (around 6pm on a Thursday evening) and was given my choice of tables. Decor inside looked good, clean and modern, and the smells coming from the kitchen were superb.

I took a while deciding from the menu as it had a great selection, and when I wasn't familiar with some of the dishes the waiter was more than happy to answer my questions. I finally settled on sheek kebab as a starter, with lamb jalfrezi, pilau rice and a plain naan to follow. Too much food as usual but it was so good I ate it all. Great balance of spices, just the right amount of heat in the jalfrezi, tender chunks of lamb and a nice amount of vegetables in the dish as well. All washed down with a couple of ice-cold Cobras (and the ice-cold bit is important here as I think that's crucial to enjoying a beer with your curry).

Overall a great meal and I would highly recommend this place.

6  Thank fiveeuros

Dear customer

Thank you for your lovely comments and support.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your evening with us. And it was a pleasure serving you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Fantastic food and good service. Nice bright modern decor too. The poppadom and sauce makes a good starter.

5  Thank andrewxstewart

Dear customer

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to hear your enjoyed your meal at Vinyasa and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Despite arriving to the restaurant to find it was wheelchair accessible and many tables in the restaurant appeared vacant (without reserved signs on) we were shocked to find that "they were full".
Straight after letting in two large groups of 5 in without a reservation, I stated we needed a table for two (my disabled brother and I).
At this point the staff member hadn't seen my brother in the wheelchair behind me and was readying the table for us, however, a quick glance at the wheelchair and he suddenly and coincidentally decided they were full.
It is deeply saddening that people can behave in such a degrading way.

3  Thank Cameron J

Dear customer

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I would like to apologise for your experience at Vinyasa and I am very upset to hear that my staff would behave in such way as our restaurant is designed to welcome all and we also have facilities for wheelchair access and seating.

If you can please remember the name of the staff member you spoke to, I have given name badges to all my staff for all kind of reasons. If you can please recall to who it was I would really appreciate it and would deal with this matter immediately.

My email address is rumelmiah83@hotmail.com if your can email me the name or call the restaurant on 0131 5566776

I apologise again for your experience and this has never happened at Vinyasa before.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Great food and service every time!
Thanks to Rumel and his fantastic staff for consistently high standards.
Cheers!

2  Thank johncangus
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We stayed at the Travelodge in St Marys Street and the Vinyasa is opposite, so we booked a table for 8pm.
We were politely greeted and taken to our table, drinks were ordered and meals selected.
We both had Sheek Kebab starter, which was very tasty, for the main course my wife had Badshai Murgh with boiled rice and I had Keema Murgh with Mushroom Pilau, with a Nan bread, both main courses were good, the staff were friendly and we had a good night.

1  Thank Jim S