“Best Lamb Curry Ever”

Cuisines: Indian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2016

Whilst visiting Edinburgh as a family we decided to get a takeaway one evening.

Curry Cafe didn't disappoint one bit, well maybe only the fact that I dont live closer so I can use it more!

We got poppadoms and pickle tray and two starters between four. The pickle tray had very good helpings and all tasted fresh and very good.

We got a main each between four and four rice and a naan bread. Really we only needed two rice. The portions were very good and the lamb bhuna was without doubt the best lamb curry I have ever had! The lamb just melted and it was lush.

From the external it looks like a cheap takeaway. Dont let that put you off. The smells when we enetered it were very inviting and I would highly recommend it!

Reviewed 13 November 2016

From the outside, the cafe looks like a takeaway place. It primarily is, however, having a sit in meal, is suprising. The food is freshly prepared and delicious. The service is great too. So don't "judge a book by it's cover" and book a table.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Been going here over six years and never had a bad meal once. Ordered a takeaway last week it was nothing like the same meals I always order. One tray of lamb curry had shredded lamb and one chunk of lamb, the other had 9. Usually both have 10 to 12 pieces with a thick sauce this was so runny there was a lot in the bag. Burnt pakora and over cooked nan bread crispy and dry. I now know it was taken over a few weeks ago this reply from them. The one star is for the delivery it's still fast.
Reply below.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

was looking for somewhere to have q quick bite to eat before a show at the playhouse theatre when I stumbled across this little take away come cafe, what a find one of the tastiest curry's I have ever had, chicken malayan and fried rice £11 with a diet coke not bad at all and the guys in the cafe were very friendly as well making sure everything was satisfactory, quality of food more than equaled any Asian restaurant I have been too at a fraction of the cost, well done Curry Cafe will use again no doubt.

Mani S, Owner at Curry Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Thanks, for your positive review it helps a lot. I hope you do come back soon. Yours truly The Curry Cafe team

Reviewed 6 September 2016

This is now my favourite place to eat curry in Leith, every time I come here to is have dinner with friends. The place is small though but with a very friendly service and a big menu full of chooses and a good price. I had try a different curry every time I go there and I've never been disappointed. I recommend it to everyone who is a curry fan, also you can bring your own bottle.