“Food beats setting!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

When we walked in we weren’t blown away by the decor or the furniture. However when the food arrived we couldn’t have cared less what the place looked like! The focaccia we shared as a starter was fresh and obviously handmade and the pasta dishes we had were a brilliant combination of simple ingredients.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Me and my partner recently ate here on a whim as we were searching for somewhere to grab some breakfast and escape the rainy cold wind! We spotted here and it looked inviting advertising breakfast lunch and coffee shop items. The lady welcomed us and asked us to choose and table and showed us the menu. It was very reasonably priced only costing around £14 For two hot drinks and 2 breakfast items. I went for the bacon and scrambled egg with waffles which was perfectly cooked and just the right amount whilst my partner went for the minestrone soup which I was plentiful and filling. Perfect little find on our trip away! 5 stars

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I went to Caffe Centro twice while staying In Edinburgh. It’s in a great location - right on George street and the food is delish! It was freezing in Edinburgh so their pasta Fagioli hit the spot. I also had their foccacia, and a panini. Everything was very good. I didn’t have their pizza or pasta but everything I saw being served around me looked and smelled delicious. This place is very casual which is why I think it’s the perfect lunch spot.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Tried breakfast here on a recent visit. Eggs were hard, muffin wasn't toasted and asparagus was a re-boil frozen job. Very disappointing. Only redeeming feature was coffee was ok...

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Great customer service. Good food with the evening deal. We had bruschetta with tomatoes, followed by margherita pizza. The portion size was amazing! We stayed for tea and coffee. Thank you.