For proximity to Edinburgh Castle and a less than 5 minute walk to the Esplanade it doesn't get much better than the Apex Grassmarket. However, this is billed as a 4 Star Hotel, it was really very expensive for our one night stay and it definitely wasn't worth it. Do not be fooled into thinking you are getting luxury, you are not. I have stayed in many, much better, less starred Hotels. For a start when we arrived into Reception, which was like a cattle market, they said we had booked several rooms, we said we hadn't they disagreed with the customer until we pointed out to them that they were spelling our surname incorrectly. We eventually resolved this and advised that we had been offered an upgrade and wanted it if it was available (the paperwork said that this would be allocated at check in). We had arrived bang on check in time, guess what it wasn't available!! In fact the decision had long since already been made as to what room we would be in as the welcome card with our name on it was in our room!! Now the room - the bed was comfortable and the furniture chipped, cheap and tired. Looked like a student room in halls with a care home bathroom. We tried to eat in the restaurant in the very early evening, they reluctantly gave us a table and told us we needed to be out in an hour. One look at the menu sorted that decision, it was all Indian flavour based which was not what we wanted. Breakfast was good. Good choice but a nuisance having to trail up and down a staircase to self serve from the buffet. I wouldn't go back. We have stayed in one of the Edinburgh Premier Inns before and it was much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel is located in Edinburgh’s vibrant Grassmarket. Nearby, you’ll find the characteristic Edinburgh Castle, Greyfriars Kirkyard and The Royal Mile, making this hotel the perfect place to stay if you’re looking to explore the city. Your room will be stocked with both essentials and added extras like complimentary Wi-Fi, luxurious Elemis toiletries and a 42” LCD TV. Choose a Deluxe or Family room and you’ll also get an Edinburgh Castle view to make your stay extra special. Kick-start your day with a refreshing swim in the hotel swimming pool or use the Technogym fitness studio, free of charge. Later you can try some unique fusion food to share created by the well-known Edinburgh Chef, Tony Singh in the hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Apex Grassmarket Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apex International Edinburgh
- Hotel Apex International
- Apex Grassmarket Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland