“Been the best for 20 years!”

Delta Indian Takeaway
Ranked #1,147 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Lived in Roseburn back in 1998, and always used the Delta for our Indian takeaways. Moved away a bit further out in Edinburgh 16 years ago, but it's still our go to Indian Takeaway. 20 years later it's still the best - better than any other I've used in Edinburgh. Always huge portions, large tender bits of chicken tikka, and the channa on puri for my vegetarian wife is always consistently good.

Used tonight, and there was a small problem with the order being slightly wrong and didn't realise until i got home - very unusual for them. On receiving my call, they were very fast to correct, and the guy behind the desk ensured a replacement was cooked and he drove it himself out to us quickly. Can't really ask fairer than that - the odd mistake can happen. Suffice to say, they left me with the other curries, so that's Sunday dinner sorted as well!!

Agree with the others - the "40 minutes" sometimes does stretch out a wee bit - I've sometimes been waiting another 20 minutes, but you could always leave your mobile number and get them to call you when ready. It's well worth it!

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Great takeaway Indian food . All of it was authentic and as I am indian I know what I'm talking about

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Ordered a meal, 2 curries, 2 rice, peshwari nan. Told it would be 40 minutes for us to collect. Went to collect it ...not ready ...and it wasn't ready over ONE & A HALF HOURS later ...ended up walking out. The annoying thing is they were still taking telephone orders and telling people it would be 40 minutes. Total Liars ...a disgrace!! Food is OK as have had takeaways before but not that great!! A bit of honesty and less greed by this place is required. Feeling cross and hungry. This is not the first time is has happened to us ...

4  Thank TonyWEH12
Reviewed 14 December 2016

Great selection, with their own twists on Indian classics. I find it hard to go past the lamb rogan josh. Lovely people, and the next generation is equally charming.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Had a nice meal there last week and for a takeaway it's one of the best in Edinburgh.
Would recommend the king prawn Parthia on purée as a starter then followed by the chill garlic king prawn with mushroom rice . What more can a hungry stomach ask for .
Try their desserts of either gulab jamming or pistachio ice cream .

1  Thank dean b b