“Perfectly fine Indian food delivered”

Delta Indian Takeaway
Ranked #1,218 of 2,804 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Ordered in on Saturday evening, friendly on the phone and happy to produce what we asked for. The food was perfectly fine with very good vegetables. Just under £30 for two and a half meals including pappadums.

Date of visit: February 2016

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

Amazing! We left Roseburn in Edinburgh about 9 years ago and since then we have not found an Indian takeaway as good as the Delta and we have tried many! We were in Edinburgh on 2nd Jan 2016 and ordered a Delta takeaway and it was better than ever. I wish we cud order one from 85 miles away! Fantastic and they even remembered us - great food and service - thank you.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Gillian G
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Excellent fresh cooked food. Our local carry out, I won't go anywhere else. Good when you can trust the same high standard everytime.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 2 January 2016

I have eaten a lot of curries in my time and this is by far one of the best Indian takeaways that I have ever tried. Great for quality, taste, size and price, Delta delivers everything that you would hope for when you're in your time of need.

The food is consistently fresh in taste and, unlike so many other restaurants, the meat is of an excellent standard. We generally purchase a takeout for a group of 5-8 and have tried a good selection from the menu. We have never been disappointed.

My favourite dish is the Chicken Tikka Kebab (£6.95) which is deliciously soft and tender. The Lamb Pasanda (£6.95) isn't something that I'd ever choose but I tried someone else's leftovers and found that it was also great. Don't miss out on the side dishes; Tarka Dal and Brinzal Bhuna are perfect for mopping up with a piece of soft naan bread. Even the sad salads are pretty nice!

Tip: Recently we've had punctual delivery but I think this is probably as a result of us ringing up earlier in the evening. Be aware that they can get very busy (leave an hour for delivery).

Note: I would rate Delta a "5" if I wasn't benchmarking it against all restaurants.

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Absolutely the best Indian take away , by a long shot.
They do home deliveries... Very busy usually, and especially at weekends, so order in advance of when you want it. You won't be disappointed. Their Chicken Chasni is amazing ! ...excellent, courteous service. The food does the talking *****

Date of visit: November 2015