“Great Service”
Review of Kew House

Kew House
Ranked #6 of 396 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We went to Edinburgh for the weekend and found a real Gem! Nothing was too much trouble for the Hosts.
Ideally placed for Murrayfield and the town centre.
The breakfasts were perfectly cooked and varied. Super local bread and muffins.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MDavisHertfordshire

Reviewed 7 February 2012

My friend and I stayed here as we thought it would be near Murrayfield for the Scotland v England rugby - we could not have chosen better. It is a 5 minute walk to the stadium and we were the envy of many as we turned in to the driveway after the match! The beauty was that it was also very handy for town too - a 15min walk in the opposite direction takes you to Princes Street and with bus stops outside the door it is an ideal venue for getting about the town.
The house itself was immaculate, breakfast fantastic and the hosts, Alan and Ian, very welcoming. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MaldonFrankie
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed for two nights when Scotland were playing England at rugby and from the moment that we pulled into the car park (round the back of the house) we were made most welcome! The car park is very tight but Allan guided me in no bother at all! We went in to the lounge to register and got chatting about holidays and places we had been! Our thought was to go out to the cinema on the Friday night. while we were talking Allan went off and found show times for us (this is the level of service we got throughout the weekend) Ian gave us a note of buses we could get and the best places to go for food and drink!

When we got up to our room we discovered it was massive! It had a double bed and a single a small table and 2 chairs, a big tv and a fridge! There were fancy chocolates on the table with some sherry as a welcome! there was plenty of tea and coffee in the room along with hot chocolate and tea cakes mmmmmm! The en-suit shower room was great as well! The only thing that could be changed in the room was a noisey fan (i am nit-picking now)!

There was wine out in the lounge for the guests between 6 and 8. Just little things all the time that really made you feel looked after!

breakfast was fantastic a huge choice and all cooked really well. Allan did the cooking and Ian the entertaining, this got everyone speaking to one an other and made me feel really at home!

Kew house, Ian and Allan made my wife and i feel at home and went above and beyond the call of duty. They made a good weekend Fantastic Thanks Guys hope to see you soon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Manson44
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We where made instantly welcome on arrival by both our hosts
The rooms, breakfast area, lounge...the entrie house is decorated and mainatined to a 5* plus standard...and I mean 5*!!!!
Breakfast - Fantastic!!!! leave enough time and room to try everything
Location - Perfect for the City centre, Murrayfield, Zoo etc...
Hogmanay eve - You have to be quick to get your champagne open before the host does...and even if you do, be assured your glass will never be empty...
The hosts - Kew House is these guys; immaculate, warm and friendly
Recommend this place - Four yes votes from us, cant wait to return...all the best for 2012...
Mike, Jill, Nigel, Mandy

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Kew House was highly rated and so my wife and I booked a night there for my trip to Edinburgh. Five minutes after arriving we immediately booked a second night. The building itself is a beautiful 19th-century house but the decor and finishings are very contemporary. It's immaculately clean and all fixtures and fittings are to a high standard. Noise is no issue as the windows have secondary glazing. Each guest is served a wide choice of breakfast in the morning and although some items sounded delicious I couldn't stray any further than the traditional cooked breakfast. I've had a few cooked breakfasts in my time but this was the finest I've had for as long as I can remember. The hosts are very friendly and the atmosphere in the dining room over breakfast is highly convivial.

The location is also great. It's not too far from the zoo (should you be interested in giant pandas) and is just a 15 minute walk into central Edinburgh. The rugby stadium is nearby also and with the main road west not far away it's very convenient for drivers.

All in all I couldn't have wished for a better place to stay in Edinburgh. The owners really put their heart and soul into what they are doing. You really do feel looked after. I don't think you can get that with a hotel in Edinburgh. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Kew House as the ideal city break destination.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple