See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

The main problem of the hotel is the staff. They are unattentive and unavailable. In the rooms, they do their work poorly. A special zero for the Indian reception guy. No free and bad internet. Far from the city center.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank reginalopesschimitt
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Location was perfect for accessibility to Peffermill Playing fields we have stayed in this hotel a couple of times and it suited us as we were only looking for an overnight stay. Unfortunately I wouldn't class this as a hotel it is more like a guest house. First time I stayed we had no hot water in the shower but the room was ideal and the second time we stayed the toilet is a bit run down with the toilet pan moving every time you sat on it therefore a bit over priced for what you get as we could have stayed in the travel lodge for another £7 each for cleanliness.

Room Tip: okay for a one night stay
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2018

We decided to stay at this hotel despite the mixed reviews because we had to change our plans relatively at the last minute and the location and price were decent.

First, the location isn't as good as it looks on the map. There are bus stops close by but there aren't any restaurants or stores in reasonable walking distance. We had to walk to a different hotel down the street (that I wish we had stayed at) to buy a bottle of water out of their vending machine.

Amenities? What amenities? There are few, no lift/elevator, no staff on duty at night, no services to offer when there is staff. I've received better service from discount motels.

No vending machines, no ice machines, no free WiFi.

Breakfast was a bit better than I expected considering the rest of the hotel, but wasn't remotely worth the £4 they charged for it. Probably would have been worth £2.

Entire hotel was very run down despite being somewhat recently remodeled, looks like they just updated the decor to make it look better in pictures without addressing the overall material condition.

Did not have a good sense of security, the first night we came back from town the front door had been propped open, with nobody manning the front desk it meant anybody could just walk in whenever they wanted. The door to the room did not inspire confidence either.

Room was dingy and dirty, decent amount of mold in the tiny shower. Pathetic water pressure in the shower, no little shelf for placing your shampoo/bath gel so you had to place it on the floor of the shower and bend over whenever you needed it. Taking a shower was more awkward and uncomfortable than I've experienced since my Navy days.

Bed was uncomfortable with little support and cushioning. You felt every spring in the mattress through the thin cover.

No soundproofing between rooms, a group of loud Italians arrived late at night and you could hear them carrying on well into the evening.

Honestly this hotel experience was so bad I'm less likely to even rely on TripAdvisor for hotels in the future because I feel that the description of this hotel was inaccurate enough to be misleading.

Really the only halfway good parts about the hotel were the location (not close to anything but public transit) and the price (still not a great price)

Room Tip: I doubt there are any "good" rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert A
Reviewed 19 June 2018

great staff, good location, easy bus ride to tourist sites, very helpful nice staff, nice room especially for the price, shopping center about 2 blocks away, clean and quiet, pretty building in nice neighborhood

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I’ve stayed 4 nights in this hotel and the shower was blocked! After 2 minutes was flooding all room! I’ve asked to fix it, they said they will do it they will change room. Next day I spoke with duty manager to change room, he said that’s fine if you remove your complain with the agency! I’ve said I would do it but they couldn’t rent this room again until they fix the problem, then he told he won’t change my room anymore and I have to stay in the same room!!! Very rude man!!
On my last day they finally fixed the problem and I could have one proper shower!! I thought the problem was just my room (room 8) but form what I’ve heard other rooms have more problems, cold and dirty showers!!
I’ve sent an email to the hotel manager complaining and no answer!!

Room Tip: Stay in travelodge next door.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business