Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews the club lounge head concierge crowne plazas haggis balls beautiful hotel playhouse theatre two double beds brilliant stay city centre carlton hill public areas quiet area lovely room bottled water would highly recommend this hotel christmas market the air conditioning
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2020 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay, the location is great, bar is lovely but the room needs attention, definitely not 4 start,the room was very warm, the air con wasn't great so we asked in the morning for a fan but returning in the evening we had to ask again, they also hadn't emptied our bins or filled up the toilet roll, actually they hadn't been in our room at all but I'm not sure if that's because of covid, theres holes in the walls, and the furniture was stained chipped and marked, the fridge was slightly cool definitely not cold, the shower needed attention as the water came out in one big fat gush and not a spray, the wooden board on the bath was damp and stained at the bottom, the room was however nice and quiet and the view out the back was lovely

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2020

Hello 663lyndsaym,

Thank you for staying with us. We are all about giving exceptional service to our guests and are committed to comfort in every way. I'm sorry there were a couple of issues you encountered that spoiled your stay. I know how letdown you must have felt towards the bathroom amenities, the AC not working, and the refrigerator not cooling down. I have conveyed your comments to the Housekeeping Manager and Maintenance team for review and the necessary improvements needed on our end.

We hope you will join us again in the future and impart a better stay.

Safe travels,

Deborah R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 August 2020

Stayed the night, had dinner and breakfast. Service was first class although the hotel was running with only a few staff. The food was excellent and the staff couldn't do enough for us. A special mention to Mim, made our evening all the more special.

Date of stay: August 2020
Mafalda Albuquerque, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2020

Dear Migglemoo,

Wow! How wonderful to hear that you had a great time with us!

Mim is a true asset to our team and I can't wait to share your review with her, I'm sure she will be just as pleased as I was reading it.

My team and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2020 via mobile

We stayed here just before lockdown at the beginning of March. The hotel itself is in a good location on the Royal Terrace and is easily accessible in foot or taxi. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated and breakfast was plentiful and served hot. Our only issue was a leak in the bathroom ceiling from the room above which meant that we had to move rooms. As soon as we reported it to reception they moved us to a huge room overlooking the terrace with an open fire and a strange but quirky bathroom ‘cube’ in the middle of the room!! Odd looking but really spacious and luxurious. We would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelforworking
Mafalda Albuquerque, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2020

Dear travelforworking,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

How great that our location was convenient for you and that you found our rooms both spacious and well decorated.

I'm so sorry to hear of the issue you experienced during your stay, I'm glad this was quickly managed by my team and that we found you a new room in a timely manner. I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused you during your stay.

I'm thrilled that you will stay with us again, I hope the next visit won't be too long now.

Reviewed 25 July 2020 via mobile

Travelling during a pandemic was never going to be easy, but the Crowne Plaza made our essential work trip carefree! The staff were absolutely amazing, making sure were assured and comfortable during our stay. The location is also in a lovely quiet spot, but a short walk away from central Edinburgh. The decor, food and garden was also perfect. Just what you need for a city break - everything made you feel at home. Thank you so much Mathalda and the team for a brilliant stay.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear emilyd548,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I was so thrilling reading your comments.

My team are truly one of a kind and all have worked so hard during our mini "break" to make the Hotel feel even more welcoming during these challenging times.

I must say I think our location is just perfect, I'm so glad you agree. Nestled in a quiet resident road just a few minutes walk from the hustle and bustle you feel close enough yet are able to enjoy the peace and quiet of being just that tiny bit away from the city centre.

Our gardens do make our Hotel one of a kind, the one outdoor space of this size and serenity in a Hotel in Edinburgh. I'm so pleased you were able to enjoy it whilst you were here.

My team and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our home from home soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2020 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful. The staff are so welcoming and friendly. We stayed in a beautiful room, with a view of the terrace and a gorgeous fireplace. Our chocolate Labrador was so welcomed, he was given a water bowl in his room and such a warm welcome. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was relaxing. The terrace gardens were lovely and a bonus that we didn’t expect. There was a lovely bar and seating areas to relax. We came at a time of just opening after lockdown. The whole hotel was spotless. Hand sanitiser provided where needed. Social distancing in place. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. We will definitely be back. Thank you to all the wonderful staff who made our stay extra special.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mafalda Albuquerque, Owner at Crowne Plaza Edinburgh - Royal Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2020

Oh our gorgeous Max!

Well it was such a pleasure to have both Max and his lovely parents stay with us, we most definitely have a soft spot for a beautiful Labrador!

Delighted to hear you felt looked after and that my team made your stay extra special. It's been a truly unusual journey for all of us in the past few months so it's made it all worth it to hear of your great experience.

We all hope to welcome you back soon.