“Just lovely ”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stockbridge & Dean Village
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the a la Carte menu, delightful amuse bouche, then scallops and pork cheek, halibut and lamb, cheese and rice pudding. This restaurant is tiny but was full and with a delightful atmosphere, staff are charming and the food faultless. We are only in Edinburgh for a couple of days but would return next time we visit.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was my first time in a fine dining restaurant. The bar was set high especially after reading the reviews and I was not disappointed.
I was accompanied by my girlfriend
for an evening meal. The restaurant was small, maybe 8 tables but didn't feel claustrophobic. The staff were attentive but not overbearing. We all opted for the 7 course tasting men, the reason simple - when else would I be able to try such an array of food for such a competitive price? At £60 a head (We opted out of having the wines with each course) we were not disappointed. This restaurant should gold a Michelin star. The food was to die for. Presentation of thr food was amazing. The randomness of the background music created conversation not annoyance. I will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I was given a voucher for the 5 course tasting menu and came here with my wife for my birthday. It’s a tiny restaurant but tastefully decorated and very cosy and the staff were friendly and welcoming. We decided to have the optional wine pairing with each course. Each dish was absolutely delicious, full of interesting and tantalising flavours. The venison was rare and succulent, the crab wrapped in courgette was excellent. The cheese board was inspired and our two deserts divine. With coffee and petite fours to finish it was a memorable evening. Each wine we tried was explained to us and it was definitely worth choosing this option.
Probably one of the best meals I’ve ever had and we would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

This was my first experience with a tasting menu and Purslane made me want more! My husband surprised me with this restaurant on our first night in Scotland and it was just perfect!
There was a good variety of foods which were created with wonderful flavors on each plate. The host/owner/server (?) told us about each plate and was most pleasant.
I wish we could visit Edinburgh more often just to be able to eat here again, often.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Six of us had a Sunday lunch at Purslane on a cold snowy day.

This is a small place in the basement of a building. Everything is compact.

The food and service are top drawer. It is a relaxed atmosphere expertly done.

The food is modern fine dining at a fair price. We all enjoyed ourselves. It was a bit chilly in the place but I am ignoring this as we visited on a very cold day. We would certainly call again.