Capital Residence
USD 336*
USD 215*
Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)
USD 139*
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 102*
USD 105*
USD 79*
Agoda.com
USD 319*
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We were booked to stay in this hotel on the 19th August 2016 which incidentally was pre booked and paid for some 8 months in advance, 3 days prior we received a confirmation email asking us to confirm our arrival time, just as we were about to set off on our 300 mile drive we received an email to say our booking had been cancelled and that our room was no longer available, we tried without success to contact the hotel as did our booking agents but all we got was an answering machine, we seriously struggled to find alternative accommodation as being festival week in Edinburgh rooms were difficult to find, this totally ruined our plans and spoil our weekend and we still have not been provided any explanation, reading to terrible reviews we can now see why so give this one a miss or you could end up as we did which was not good or appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob R
Reviewed 19 August 2016

No sign of the promised slippers or garden view. Boutique feel of hotel left a lot to be desired. We got placed in the basement room with view out to front yard - this could have been pretty but had been left to go tatty - needs some whitewash, hanging baskets, etc. People in the street could easily look down into our room which meant we had to have the curtains closed all the time, leaving the room dark. Also, it was quite hot when we visited but could not have window open for security & noise reasons. On the first day, the room was not cleaned, leaving us short of milk, etc. which was due to the master key having been lost. On the second day, the room did get cleaned but dirty glasses left on the side. Our friends had no WIFI, well at least they did have to begin with and were then told that their connection had knocked off the rest of the hotel... Our other friends had such a tiny basement room that one of them had to wait in the corridor whilst the other got dressed - they could also hear mice in the ceiling. Breakfasts were OK, nicely cooked, with a bit of haggis on the side if you wanted it - could say more on the menu about local provenance. Overall, could be lovely with a bit of tlc - disappointing.

Room Tip: Room 7 is the best room - back of house, therefore quiet, and probably the largest room for the same price.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Annmarie P
Reviewed 12 August 2016

This was 29th November 2014.
In fairness it was 1500 on the day of arrival that we booked (through agoda) and arrived at 1730 for a last minute weekend away, however when we arrived there was nobody there to greet us and no answer on any of the contact numbers we were given. We waited for an hour before giving up to enjoy the evening in hope something could be sorted when they got back to us, they didn't, we were charged £81 for nothing, no return call & no response to e-mails afterwards.
Please avoid unless it's been taken over by someone else since then.
I cannot comment on the style or amenities as we couldn't get past the door.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg D
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Had a stay at this b&b.

On line and in the room it said they supplied hair straighteners, robes and slippers on request
I didn't take my straighteners with be, big mistake. They didn't have any s they had beem stolen and I was left looking like wurzel gummage on a bad day!!

Breakfast was nice but don't take the coffee, doesn't taste like coffee at all.

Room was huge, great hanging space and drawers. Two televisions at each side of unit in middle of the room. Only thing was the shower! The water pressure was awful. Also there was no tap if we preferred a bath.

I seen this bath tap problem in a few reviews also, so I expected the owners to have fixed this problem.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016

I stayed here by myself in a single room for 2 nights for the very low price of £55 in total. I used to live in Edinburgh so knew it was in a great area. It was easy to find as there are many other B&B's on the same street. I checked in very late which was no problem.
The room itself, while small, had everything I needed. The WiFi was free and fast, the shower had a waterfall head and I was given plenty of toiletries. The toilet was in a separate room across the corridor but it was used by me only.
The cooked breakfast was probably the best I've ever had, it really set me up for the day.
Great value for money in a central location. I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo