“Surprisingly excellent Thai food ”
Review of Bluerapa Thai

Bluerapa Thai
Ranked #604 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I have walked past Bluerapa for years and never given it a second thought. After eating here for a friend's birthday I realise that was my loss. An unprepossessing exterior hides a lovely restaurant, friendly and attentive staff and the best Thai food in Scotland I have had. I will be back and soon I hope.

1  Thank Duthac

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Fantastic value lunch menu. 2 courses 8.95. Lovely authentic thai food lovely friendly staff. Will be back lunch only served on fri. Open evenings mostly

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

First visit here as I don't eat a lot of Thai food. My friend has visited many times and we were greeted warmly.

It's basic in decor but don't let that put you off as the food is great.

We shared chicken satay which was succulent and flavoursome and we loved the dumplings.

Shared a chicken pad Thai and another chicken dish (similar satay) with sticky rice.

We were given the most amazing coconut ice cream to finish our meal.

BYOB with small corkage makes for a reasonably priced night and great location for travel home.

Will definitely be making a return visit.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Been here many times but had a really delicious meal and thought worthy of a review. This restaurant is quite basic inside but the food makes up for it. It's BYOB which helps and the service was good although it was busy. Love the food, will be back again very soon.

1  Thank EDINBURGHSIMMO
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Came across this Resturant on an evening walk, and what a find. The Bluerapa is a small almost unimpressive (from outside) Resturant that packs a punch! The decor was typical of what you might expect but the staff was warm and friendly and brought the place to life. The food was excellent! I shared the Pad Thai Chicken and the Spicy Curry with Jasmine Rice and upon finishing I struggle with placing a second order of the same. In short, friendly staff and good honest food on a chilly night is a winning combination!! Well done!!!