The Balmoral Hotel
USD 258*
Waldorf Astoria
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 246*
USD 231*
USD 156*
USD 151*
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 167*
USD 330*
USD 196*
Orbitz.com
  • Room Service
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 152*
USD 135*
Agoda.com
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 164*
USD 152*
Agoda.com
USD 132*
USD 125*
4,104 results
All reviewsthe palm courthadrian's brasseriescotch barrocco fortemarble bathroomsean conneryconcierge stafftrain stationbeautiful hotelturn down serviceluxury hotelprinces streetbirthday treatedinburgh castlecastle viewroyal milespa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2012

All the reviews are true!

If you care to meet the friendliest hotel staff in scotland treat yourself to a stay at the balmoral hotel I promise you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank johan h
balmoraledinburgh, General Manager at The Balmoral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you most sincerely for your very kind words regarding the friendliness of the staff at The Balmoral hotel. We are all very flattered by your positive comment and we look forward to your return to The Balmoral in the future.

Kind regards

Franck Arnold

Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is a great city & the Balmoral is right in the heart of it all. I was here for 4 weeks last October and it was a great place to call home for that time. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. Rooms had charm and character. The workout facilities were great, even had an indoor pool and steam/ sauna. Even if you don't stay here you must come for afternoon tea to hear the harpist!

Room Tip: It seems each room is different in decor and size. I had 3 rooms in my 4 weeks stay here and each where very different. If you don't like your ask for another.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regard to your one month stay at The Balmoral. We are delighted that the helpfulness of our staff made your visit a 'home from home' experience.

We were also pleased to learn that the relaxing atmposhere of our Spa and Afternoon Tea in Palm Court was a memorable experience with the added pleasure of our harpist playing quietly in the background.

We look forward to your return home to The Balmoral in the future.

Kindest regards
Franck Arnold

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have stayed at the Balmoral twice in the past year. Both trips included Scotland in a multi-country, week-long itinerary. Needless to say, I need swift check ins, ready rooms, and an angry hot shower in the morning. The Balmoral delivers. Also, order off menu in the morning and get the poached eggs and some toast... Best poached eggs I've ever had and the homemade marmalade makes you feel like you're one city closer to home.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank stockgirl75
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is one of my favourite hotels and this was my fourth visit.....twice with friends and now twice with my husband. We stayed two nights as a treat after our daughter's wedding I needed a relaxing massage on the first afternoon. We had a lovely view over Arthur's Seat and the Old Town and the room although small had everything a visitor could want. We ate in Hadrian's Resturant which has a good menu and attentive staff. The staff are what make this an extra special hotel .....they go out of their way... Eg when we asked about going to Leith to see Britannia not only were we advised which bus to get but that we needed exactly £1:30.
Five star service from every memberof staff...... Can't wait to return

Room Tip: Facing over the old town .... Much quieter than Princess Street
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lauraGTyneside

Dear Guest

I was absolutely delighted to read that you and your husband enjoyed a very relaxing stay with us at The Balmoral following your daughter's recent wedding.

I have shared your feedback with my colleagues who took such good care of you throughout your stay. We strive for guest satisfaction and service excellence and appreciate such positive comments from our valued guests.

Thank you once again for being so kind and taking the time to review your stay. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Balmoral in the future.

Kind regards
Franck Arnold, General Manager, The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at the balmoral at the weekend for one night with my boyfriend. We both had such an amazing time. We are used to staying at 5 star hotels across the world, but I really feel this hotel has something extra special. From the concierge and reception staff to the bartenders, they all make you feel so special and treat you like royalty!! We didn't have dinner here, but had pre dinner drinks at the bollinger bar which is stunning with amazing cocktails.
The room was gorgeous with perfect amenities and location is excellent.
I really can't wait to go back, forget London, Edinburgh is the new city break! :) x

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple