“Fantastic Staff, Fantastic Service, Fantastic Room”

Hotel Indigo Edinburgh
Ranked #70 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I took an impromptu visit up to Edinburgh for the night, booked a last minute room (booked it 5 minutes before I showed up on my phone!) at the Hotel Indigo. I was so happily surprised with my choice. The staff was unbelievably welcoming, and even gave me the name of a non-touristy bar to go to and get great scotch. Met incredibly nice locals there, too. Bed was cozy, room was perfect temperature, and bathroom was amazing. I didn't experience anything that the negative posters had mentioned. Lift was running, bar was great, location was ideal, and room was perfect. I'll definitely be staying there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: My room was facing the street and was still super quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank carorock
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Dear Carorock,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments regarding your stay at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. Hotel Indigo Edinburgh is very much part of the neighbourhood and as such we like to recommend places to see and go that might be slightly off your general tourists path to give you a chance to really experience Edinburgh.

We do have secondary glazing in all our rooms which works fantastically well and will keep the noise of our buzzing city center out when you just want some piece and quiet.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood soon.

Stay Original,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Indigo Edinburgh

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Food was absolutely fantastic,good value,perfect service. All fresh and tasty. Definitely recommend if you looking for high quality of food and lots of taste.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank malgmalk
DominicKutschera, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Malgmalk,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at the Turquoise Thistle restaurant, bar and lounge at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

Our head chef Dan is extremely passionate about the fantastic ingredients that are available on our door step and you can certainly taste this in all our dishes. From hand dived Scottish scallops to the juicy Aberdeen Angus Sirloin steak complete with triple cooked chips all our ingredients are sourced from local suppliers.

Why not come in and try our Afternoon tea with champagne the next time?

I am delighted you have enjoyed your time with us and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Stay original,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had a dinner with friends and one night stay at this new very stylish property. A la carte menu was something amazing. Very innovative and appealing options, it was hard to choose. Set menu did not look disappointing as well. The size of chips that came with steak was something out of this world! And the winelist had some reasonably priced wines, which I was happy about, especially Malbec, which went very well with our steaks.
The only minus I could spot in Indigo hotel was service in restaurant and bar. Felt like staff were lacking experience and did couple mistakes, which was quite odd for such a luxurious hotel. However they were pleasant and looked like trying hard.
The room was fantastic! The amenities were quality, so were the robes (very soft), whole interior and bathroom facilities were best you could expect. Breakfast room service and food was flawless. Restaurant team did great job by being personal and chatty yet professional. And we felt that immediate (about one hour after delivery) breakfast trays pick up was a nice touch. Our stay was smooth and very enjoyable, would recommend to anyone

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EvaM86

Dear Eva,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your dinner at our Turquoise Thistle restaurant, bar and lounge. Our head chef Dan is extremely passionate about sourcing only the best of Scotland's produce which is why everything we prepare just taste that little bit better.

All our team have undergone a lot of training on both customer service and product knowledge and we are continuously retraining and adding to the existing knowledge.

I am very happy to hear that you liked the room you stayed in. All our rooms come with complimentary mini bars, spa inspired rainfall showers, luxury toiletries and bath robes and individually controllable air conditioning to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay vibrant,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here last weekend to celebrate brothers 50th and have to say this is a great little hotel in a fantastic location. 5 minutes walk from Waverley station and 50 yards from the playhouse, cinemas, and 250 yards from George street this hotel is really great. Having only been open a few weeks eveything is new, from entering the hot from the unobtrussive entrance on hope street you are welcomed into a small but trendy reception area which leads thought to a cute little bar area and separate restaurant, the blue thistle. Bedrooms are very well set up and appointed with bespoke bedroom decor, chaise longe, giant double beds with Plasma TV at the bottom for late night/lazy mornings:-). Plenty of cupboard space, free mini bar with soft drinks, chocolate, popcorn etc is also a nice touch along with good quality coffee, tea and biscuits. Bathroom is also very plush with robes, good quality avida toiletries, walk in rain shower, bath and vanity unit, all glitzy and new. We had some great cocktails in the bar on the 1st night which the hotel gave us complimentary when mentioned the occasion but 2nd round were still good value at £6.50. Finally breakfast was one of the best I've had in years, loved the homemade potato cakes and scrambled eggs. Only gripe was fitting all of the tea pots, bean pans, toast racks etc etc onto the too small tables other than that a great great hotel with great friendly service in good location....

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank andyZ

Dear Andy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely comment about your stay with us at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

I am delighted to hear that we were able to make your brothers 50th birthday celebration special and that you have enjoyed your stay with us. You are right, we are in a ideal location for guests that are looking to explore Edinburgh's shopping on Multrees walk, George street and Princes street, see the numerous sights in our neighbourhood like the newly reopened national portrait gallery or enjoy a play or comedy show at the Playhouse or Comedy stand.

Our hotel entrance from York Place has been designed to stay very much in keeping with the facade of our five Georgian townhouses but with splashes of colour from our turquoise plant pots.

I am glad you enjoyed our freshly prepared full Scottish breakfast. Our chefs pride themselves in preparing as much as possible in our kitchen and every order of breakfast is prepared fresh.

I hope we can welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Edinburgh soon.

Stay curious,

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo with my Boyfriend last weekend and must say the hotel really made the weekend special. The service was absolutely impeccable and the issue we had with the bed moving because of the castors on the wooden flooring was sorted out within minutes of us mentioning it.

The rooms were extremely comfortable and the complementary mini bar with snacks and soft drinks was a really nice touch but was disappointed to be told that it wouldn't be re-stocked as the literature in the room lead you believe it would be. The toiletries in the bathroom as well as the dressing gowns and slippers were also a very nice touch and the bed was extremely comfortable.

We really enjoyed the breakfast included in with the price of our room as we never left hungry with the selection of continental and cooked breakfast available and again the service in the restaurant left you wanting for nothing.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you're staying in Edinburgh because as well as the service we received it is also in a great location

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DBM31

Dear DBM31,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Hotel Indigo Edinburgh.

It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the comfort of your bedroom and that the issue with your rolling bed was resolved efficiently. We do have complimentary mini bars with snacks, soft drinks and fresh milk in all rooms and are more than happy to replenish these on request.

I am also delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your breakfast with us. Our head chef is very keen to only source the best of Scotland's local produce. If you enjoyed your breakfast why not try dinner at the Turquoise Thistle restaurant on your next visit?

Thank you very much for your lovely comments and I hope we can welcome you back to our neighbourhood in the near future.

Stay original,