“lovely place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Grounds
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Grounds
Garden
Spiral staircase access to apartment
Street
Wall plaque outside apartment
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Alan B
“lovely place to stay”
Reviewed 31 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Really lovely apartment, a real home from home with everything you need. Good location. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: October 2016
Travelling group: Young Children
Management Response
31 Oct 2016
Many thanks Alan for this lovely review and I am so glad your visit was a success . Hope to welcome you back sometime . Morag
ArtyA2013
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Interesting historic property with every comfort”
Reviewed 19 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The best holiday flat we have ever stayed in.
Location - Excellent. We were there for the end of the festival and it was easy to walk to all the venues.We walked to the Edinburgh Botanic Garden, which is also nearby.
Comfort - Beds great, sitting room cosy, bathroom very well equipped.
Kitchen - Everything is provided for cooking your meals. The welcome tray was very helpful.
Eating Out - We recommend the Thai restaurant downstairs which is smart and clean with a great menu. Posh as well!

Date of stay: August 2016
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Management Response
19 Sep 2016
Thank you for your kind review and so glad you had a good visit . Hope you return some day .
Morag
BrisbaneD...
Brisbane
“a lovely wee apartment that made me feel at home”
Reviewed 4 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

At 4:30 am on Monday 1 December, I checked out of Duncans Land - which I had lived in for a month when I was in Edinburgh with work. As the taxi drove me to the airport, I felt a tinge of sadness - I love Scotland and this wee apartment was a delight, as well. Being in Stockbridge, I felt like I was in a Sandy McCall Smith book (The Scotland Street series) - I even went to The Floatarium, which is just around the corner. The Waters of Leith are so close by, a relaxing amble is as close as can be in a city. Work in town, the shops, the castle, good grocers etc are all an easy walk away.

As some of the other reviewers have said previously, the place is not perfect - eg occasionally (and I stress it was very occasionally), the guy upstairs has his alarm on too loud, and there is no washing machine. BUT there is a good launderer just a toddle down the street - and Edinburgh is meant to be quirky. It is an ancient capital in the modern world, anywhere one stays will have a few hiccups - but that is actually what gives it character and charm.

Morag the landlady was very decent in her dealings with me and she in turn thought I was an excellent tenant. I would have loved to have met her wee dog, but sadly we ended up too busy.

So, I recommend Duncans Land - it is a lovely historic building run by a very nice lady in one of the most charming cities I ever visit. In fact, Edinburgh is one of the only places in the world I would ever think of living, outside my native Australia. (And, yes, I will be home for Christmas)

Date of stay: November 2014
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
MH64
London, United Kingdom
“Repeat visit and just as wonderful”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

I NEVER stay at the same place twice, but in this case I have made an exception and hope to continue to visit every year. This was just as perfect as our Edinburgh Festival base as last year and I want to thank Morag for her hospitality and flexibility with check in and out times. So well located in such a nice area. See you next year!

Date of stay: August 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Revell15
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A lovely experience”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

4 of us stayed in Duncan's Land as we were going to a wedding. It was clean, light and well decorated. The bathroom was modern and the shower was hot and powerful. There were games provided and in the afternoon we played board games in the lounge. Duncan's Land is in a really lovely part of Edinburgh - near the water of Leith and some excellent independent shops. All communication with the owner was pleasant and fast, and getting the keys on arrival was really efficient. I thoroughly recommend this accommodation.

Date of stay: May 2014
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing