“Historic/Haunted tour”

Mercat Tours
Ranked #62 of 255 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: 'History is a damn good story, what it needs is a damn good telling!' We're a family business and simply love sharing Edinburgh's stories. We're the original, largest, and first 5 star walking tour company in Scotland giving guaranteed quality. With a warm welcome and our award-winning storytelling and tour routes, we'll help you explore and discover Edinburgh. Our expert guides offer a unique, memorable glimpse of our remarkable history. With guaranteed daily departures, year round we offer exclusive access to Blair Street Underground Vaults, Edinburgh Castle, Palace of Holyroodhouse & National Museum of Scotland. Our tours begin at 10am and finish at 10pm, so we're sure we'll find something for you!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A little theatrical in the beginning. My favourite part was below in the vault. I’ve never seen anything like it before. Very informative and scary. A couple days later my friend showed me a picture she took. Have a look.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,752)
All reviews
in 49 reviews
"old town"
in 111 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had a very entertaining and funny guide for our Haunted Underground tour of the Edinburgh Vaults. He helped to lighten the atmosphere, and to be honest nothing particularly supernatural happened while we were down there. I would recommend as something fun to do in Edinburgh which lasts about 1 hour 15 mins.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The tour was good fun and the guides friendly and personable. The only comment I would make was that on starting the tour there should be a marker or identifier of the tour group as there are many different tour groups that meet in the same place, so it's not always clear what group you're joining. We joined the wrong one initially but eventually caught up with the group that we were supposed to be with!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I loved this tour with Naomi! She was a great story teller, clearly loved the books and the Outlander series and knew her material well! I would definitely recommend her tour to any Outlander lovers or anyone interested in learning more about the Jacobite rebellion.