“Really nice and cozy escape to Scotland !!!”

The B Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #134 of 204 Speciality Lodging in Edinburgh
“Really nice and cozy escape to Scotland !!!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We had really nice time together .
Would be just perfect with wi-fi and swimming pool. But overall excellent . Many thanks Galyna and Vladimir

• Stayed February 2012

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Booked these via Groupon and actually didnt have any problems with that - the problems were with the aprtment(s) themselves . These are high rise apartments on the Firth of Forth, right on the harbour. Clearly a site trying to be like Londons docklands , but the recession prehaps put paid to that so there are big empty plots all over the place. Other infrasctucture is in place - excellant bus service, big supermarket, restaurants , leisure club etc.

First we were given the penthouse on the 6th floor. We got all our stuff up there , and were please with the views etc - then realised the apartment hadnt been cleaned from the previous tentant - wet towels on the bathroom floor and an unmade bed. So back to the reception and we were given another apartment - this time 4th floor , not good views but told they were full. So up we went only to find the aprtment was filthy - complete with an unflushed toilet that must have been like that for at least a week or more. The carpets hadnt seen a vacuum for weeks if not months and the window sills and skirting boards had thick dust. All the plates, saucepans, utensils etc were dirty too. Also the patio door was broken so kept blowing open so we had to wedge it with a chair as the whilstling noise and draught was unbearable. Bedding was unironed , or badly ironed and poor quality - as were all the fittings really. The fridge had stale milk stains in the door and generally it had a poorly maintained/cleaned air about it. We complained again and were promised a cleaner the next day - nothing. Thankfully it was only for 2 nights - we cleaned everything before use ourselves. We got the impression that these apartments were built to sell but a lot hadnt - recession impact no doubt - so there was a management company letting them out. The aprtments seem to being run down and it is a shame as they should be lovely but they are not - they are shabby now after only a couple of years I would think and they will soon become squalid. Dont stay there ! BTW the reception is advertising that they have a good rating from Trip advisor !!

Room Tip: Just dont book here at all !
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cust0merservicequeen
siroosh, General Manager at The B Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
To all Groupon guests who have now given us such a bad name on here. When in reality our apartments are excellent.

We ran a Groupon deal at the tail end of last year. The deal with Groupon was to sell 250 tokensa and we would see how it would go.

Groupon sold 4367 tokens.

We had all of these "customers" calling us day and night attempting to book. Our infrastructure was not organised to having nearly 5000 people calling at the same time. We had to introduce 6 new receptionists just to answer calls, but this still was not enough.

We had to then think about we could meet the demand as our negotiations with Groupon were getting nowhere.

We could not meet the demand as far too many were sold. We have 63 apartments in Edinburgh and 112 in Glasgow but 5000 people looking to book at the same time for the same day was just not possible. So people were getting frustrated because they could not get through on the phoe, then when they did we could not give them the dates they wanted and when they finally did come, we were not prepared, the previous company at the time did not calculate enugh of the budget to buy new laundry and improve the apartments etc etc.

The Groupon deals were taking over and ultimately we lost all our usual customers beasue of it. The budget was not there to improve so it was going down.

We have recntly been bought over and I can now say that we have improved dramatically very quickly. I have been given the budget that I have so badly needed and we are taking this business to the enext level. I have a great team of staff now and really look forward to all the improvements and driving it forward.

The unfortuante thing about it is that the new company stopped accepting Groupon vouchers. The deal was agreeed with Groupon and Groupon actually refunded all guests and notified them prior to arrival that the accommodation had been cancelled.

The new company had agreed this with the previous company prior to purchase.

We must apologise to all Groupon guests about the way the dela went and would urge you to come and try us now. Now I am confident to sa that we are a 4 star luxury serviced apartments.

Travellers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Wales
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I can only agree with the other people who have had no end of problems with trying to use their Groupon deal.

I tried to contact the B Suites so, so many times - through both e-mail and phone calls and was subject to days of non response through e-mail, and constant non answering through the phone.

When I finally got through on the phone I was told that they couldn't tell me any availability over the phone and I had to go through e-mail! Only the e-mail does not tell you when is available - rather you have to keep submitting potential dates back and forth (over many days!) until one is seemingly alright.

This went on for over a month, and during this time I managed to get a Sunday and Monday night (not at all ideal) for the end of February having been told that the whole of March was full.

Why, then, when I check the website does it show availability for numerous weekends in March?!

I then realised that I would have to amend the booking as I was not able to get to Edinburgh on that date as I live very far away and was having problems with transport.

I informed them over a week in advance only - surprise surprise - did not have any response through e-mail or phone. I e-mailed over three times practically begging them to get back to me until I finally got through to someone on the phone. He then took my number and told me to expect a phone call from the Edinburgh branch straight away. Well, this didn't happen did it. So then I rang again and was told on the phone that it was not possible to change the dates due to them having a 28 DAY cancellation policy?! Now, I'm quite a well travelled person and never have I experienced such a ridiculous policy. 24 hours is standard, 28 days is ludicrous. He also stated that it was very clear on the website however despite scanning it all afternoon, I can see nothing to that effect. I have since e-mailed them again demanding to find out my options in regards to refund, but of course have heard nothing.

I have since contacted Groupon, and to be quite honest, even if I did manage to somehow change my booking, I'm almost tempted to just cut my losses and run.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peacarwales

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Firstly I never normally write bad feedback - I normally give people the benefit of the doubt... in this case the whole stay was a sham which is why I'm begging people not to book and stay here. Firstly I booked the apartments and was told I had to pay up front as no one would be around during our stay?! So I did - which I shouldn't have!

I was old we would recieve a key code to get into the apartments which I had to chase them for as no one contacted me or returned my calls

When we got there after travelling a long way we couldn't check in as the apartments weren't ready, despite it being just past the check in time on my confirmation - so we waited in the car for an hour - at this point I still had no code to get keys and had to find the cleaner to let me in.

When we got in the apartments they were a disgrace- not 4 star in any way. I know people don;t read long reviews but here's a summary of the main things wrong with apartments:
- curtain pole had fallen down leaving one room with no curtains
- bedding and pillows were of such a low standard I had to go out and buy more
- the heating ran out half way through our stay
- the lack of plates/cooking utensils
- no towels

When I called the man on duty for help with these problems he kept pretending to get cut off and would't help with anything.

Following our stay I complained and complained - I was even told I was being very reasonable and calm considering the stay - by the staff?! I was then told I would get a refund in email form which has since been backtracked and I am now told I can come and say fro free.... NO WAY WOULD I EVER SAY AGAIN!! I have stayed all over the world and I can safely say it's one of the worst experiences mixed with the worst customer service I have ever experienced - please don;t say here!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't go a all
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Helen M

leeds
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Just returned from a weekend in The B Suites.The good bits.This 2 Bedroom appartment is situated overlooking the Firth of Forth and is a modern appartment ,simply furnished in a minimal way, with free parking.Now the bad bits The quality of the beds is the worst I have experienced in 30 years of travel.The appartment was let with insufficient towels,no toiletries,no welcome pack ,bulbs not working,poor quality cleaning.The bus service is none existant,nothing within easy walking distance.Better deals for the same money ,look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking Forth of Firth
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends