“Fresh authentic taste”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2017

First time I tried Hay Sushi based on a friends recommendation and I must say it was very impressive. Staff was friendly and the service was great. I went there with a party of 7 so we were able to order a variety from the menu. We experienced all the different tastes they had on offer and we were truly blown away. The sashimi was fresh and the tempura were crispy. We especially enjoyed the dragon roll and red tiger roll. For mains we had ramen which was flavoursome and the noodles were cooked to perfection and does not go soggy in the soup. The tonkatsu chicken was crunchy on the outside and succulent and tender inside and the curry sauce was not overpowering. I really couldn't recommend this restaurant enough and I look forward to going back for another tasteful experience.

3  Thank Din U

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

The food overall was fine, but distinctly average in all regards. A bit overpriced perhaps, at least more than the average nature of the Japanese food warranted, but not by much. The interior has seen better days and definitely needs a refresh. Customer service was however attentive and good.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

The best Teriyaki Sirloin Beef!
I order via JustEat!
I waited only 20 minutes!
I recommended this place.
Good job guys!!

3  Thank karolinakrajniewska
Reviewed 14 January 2017

I have ordered online the food came late, the dumplings were cold but burnt and they forgot to put the chopsticks in the bag

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

My fiance and I went to this sushi place in Haymarket after finding it hard to decide what we were having to eat for our last night out in Edinburgh.

There wasn't many people in the restaurant so it was intimate and relaxed. The service was quick and countless deliveries were being made through Just Eat as the driver was back and forth which to me is a good sign; even though I'd rather eat Japanese food in a restaurant than order in.

We had California roll, Ebi Fry, Sashimi and Gyoza to start. Our main was Chicken and Salmon Teriyaki which went nice with the Asahi beer. Tempura ice cream is one of my favourite's so we had that to share as a dessert.

Will definitely recommend and visit again when in Edinburgh.

1  Thank Rachel T