“The Warmest Welcome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Number 27 Morningside
Ranked #55 of 392 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The Warmest Welcome”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

My husband and I needed a break from the hustle and bustle of London, and decided on staying at Number 27 Morningside. The warm welcome we received was second to none! Within moments we were presented with a pot of coffee which made us feel at home.

We treated ourselves to the king-sized room, which is spotlessly clean and incredibly cosy. The cleverly thought out tones of the room automatically put you in relaxation mode along with the super comfortable mattress and pillows.

In the breakfast room you are presented with high quality fresh fruit followed by a cooked breakfast served on stunning blue and white crockery, which really set us up for exploring this extraordinary city.

This is the kind of place you wished existed in every city! We're really looking forward to revisiting and being treated to Ron & Julie's hospitality.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Venice
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I've recently come back from Scotland, where I had a wonderful trip that lasted almost one month, and as first base for my stay in Edinburgh I chose Number 27 Morningside, located in an elegant residential area reachable by a 20 minutes' bus ride from the Old Town: this is such a gorgeous B&B, I think I could not praise it enough in the light of the wonderful 5-days-stay that I enjoyed thanks to the warm hospitality and detailed assistance provided constantly by lovely owners Ron and Julie.

Upon my arrival from the airport Ron and Julie, who were born in England and recently moved to Scotland in order to try a new experience in the tourism field, offered me a rousingly welcome by asking me about my journey from Italy, by accompanying me to the charming room they kindly assigned to me after an upgrade, and by offering me a tasty cup of tea in the stylish sitting area: the introduction to Edinburgh they both provided could not be more accurate and detailed, thanks to their wide knowledge and sheer love for this enchanting city, and the advices I got in order to plan the visit to the city itself and some additional day-trips in the surrounding areas revealed themselves to be both helpful and winning.

My room was cozy and fascinating, providing a comfortable king-size bed that assured relaxing sleeps, a modern and functional private bathroom featuring a handy shower, as well as satellite multichannel television and tea-facilities featuring a large selection of several flavoured tea-bags and yummy "Borders" buttered-biscuits.

The breakfast, I'd dare say, was doubtless the icing on an already delicious cake: genuine food products such as fresh strawberries and raspberries, as well as muesli, cornflakes, marmalades, jams, many more were set out on the table in the breakfast lounge. Furthermore the cooked breakfast was unbelievably superb. Ron gets on his high horse and his passion, his mastery in cooking reveals themselves in a manifold ways by producing different kinds of food: omelettes, scrambled, fried eggs and much more, needless to say it was lovely to be guided each day by his suggestions for an energizing meal.

Ultimately I recommend highly Number 27 Morningside, and it's without any doubt that I affirm that if I ever returned to Edinburgh I would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Guitarinox
hexham
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This was my third visit and every bit as good as in first. In fact better as now got to know Edinburgh and realise what a great location this is for using public transport. Buses pass the door and with a day ticket you can get on and off buses whenever you like. Several good restaurants and pubs within walking distance. Lovely accommodation and great breakfasts, Ron and Julie are great hosts. Give it a try.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I stayed with Ron and Julie at their wonderful B&B last summer. Several months later, we still think back fondly to the time we spent there. The room was comfortable, spacious, and clean. New flowers, snacks, and tea magically appeared everyday and were such a treat during our afternoon break. The bathroom was also very nice (and in the room)! There is a bus stop right out front which takes you right up to the castle. It is the perfect location...close to neighborhood stores/pubs and also so close to the sightseeing activities! Each morning, my husband and I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. Ron is quite the cook! Since we were on vacation, we allowed him to talk us into a full breakfast most mornings. Eggs, sausage, cereal, fruit salad, and tea/coffee. I loved every inch of the B&B, but best of all were the hosts! Ron and Julie really did make us feel at home. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. They helped organize taxis, gave us directions to get into town, and even let us use their laptop to book train tickets. When we return to Scotland, we will certainly stay again! --Katie and Brian

Room Tip: The King Bed room is large and has nice big windows!