“No free wifi”

Ranked #88 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
London, United Kingdom
“No free wifi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Stayed two nights for business. Very Disappointed No Free WiFi for a international hotel.
Two double beds, small washroom, digital flat tv, breakfast serve from 7.30am. Opposite a retail park-a large supermarket, fast-food, and Marks and Spencer.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank YeeSan
Claire F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear YeeSan,

Unfortunately the WIFI we have is run by an outside company and it is them that charge £5 for access, we do hope to have our own in the future as we would love to be able to provide this as part of the package.

The breakfast is available from 7.30am at the weekend and 6.30am on weekdays to cater for people who are early risers.

Hope to see you again in the future.

Claire

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I was visiting Edinburgh for a business trip. It was within walking distance of where I was working and near enough to the centre if I'd had time to go in. The hotel is clean, the rooms are a good size with good facilities. What makes this hotel what it is is the customer service from all staff there. The lady on reception when I visited was very welcoming and helpful (unfortunately I didn't get her name) and Emma in the restaurant who served me for my 2 night stay was very friendly, proffesional and efficient. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank amazontmk78
Dear reviewer,

I was very happy to read your review and I am very greatful that you took the time to leave it.

I will pass your comments on to Emma in the restaurant, my team on the reception has six women so I'm not able to give you the name of the receptionist that you met but they are all very proud to be here and always try to provide excellent customer service for everyone.

We hope you will return again soon!

Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Great rooms, clean and tidy. Big with a great view trought the west area of Edinburgh. The staff in the reception were kind and polity. Allways ready to help in anything we need. Little bit far from city center, but you got plenty buses that stop at the entrance of the hotel, and takes you around 10minutes. I recomend it, and i'll be back there pretty soon.

Room Tip: No smoking rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hugo T
Claire F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
Dear Hugo T,

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel, i'm very glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return!

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip, this was my first visit to Edinburgh for a while and my first use of this hotel. The rooms are a decent size, clean and well maintained although nothing out of the ordinary, an update to the decor would be good.

Reception staff were functional and efficient although a little distracted, in their defence it was busy. I enjoyed a couple of meals in the restaurant where I found Bridget to be especially helpful and professional.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone for a business trip and will use it again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose one of the higher floors to escape noise and enjoy the views!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Duncan B
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel.

I have passed your comments about Bridget onto her manager, he was very glad to hear you were happy with the service you received.

My staff on the reception are normally very happy to help also but they do get a little worried when a queue appears so I am sorry if they didn't give you their full attention. I can assure you it won't happen next time you visit us!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

Clean and well presented rooms. Helpful staff and handy location. I have stayed here a few times now and would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Legal18
Claire F, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Edinburgh City - West, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your recent review of the hotel.

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be happy to welcome you back again anytime.