All reviews honesty bar complimentary sherry four poster bed spa bath city centre shortbread biscuits day ticket bus service main road minute bus ride lovely hotel small hotel free car park leave the car the main hotel visiting edinburgh excellent stay
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I stayed here as part of a large group conference that used most of the rooms in this hotel at various points during the conference. I have never met such friendly staff in a hotel and everyone was so accommodating and generous with their time and advice. Beautiful, beautiful rooms that I will never forget - and I had the pleasure of staying in two different rooms of theirs, both truly stunning and most enjoyable. The staff dealt with our large group size efficiently and ensured that everyone had the best stay possible. With direct buses that stop just across the road from the hotel door and enough comfort inside the hotel to never need to leave, this stay was perfect. I'll be coming back to this hotel if ever I return to Edinburgh.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Room was quiet and quaint and extremely well situated for easy access to points of interest in Edinburgh. Public areas were relaxing and well maintained. The staff were courteous, efficient and always very aware of the needs of the Guest. We loved this hotel. I would recommend it highly and can only praise the owners/management for doing such a fine job.

Room Tip: Be ready for some stairs, or ask for a low floor. We did not mind the exercise, but a few flights are not for everyone.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TheSilb
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We were looking for a hotel for a couple of nights during the festival but all the central hotels were fully booked. This one sounded a bit far from the centre of Edinburgh but the bus stopped right outside the door and it was approx a five to ten minute bus journey along the road to the Royal Mile/town centre and all the activities. The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly and the food was outstanding. The honesty bar is a brilliant idea where you help yourself to drinks and mark your order on the sheet to be added to your bill which is a very trusting gesture from the owners. Would have no hesitation in returning here and recommending this hotel to friends and family.
We were given a business card with the name, address etc of the property but what was very helpful was that it also listed the numbers of all the buses we should use to reach the town centre and return to the hotel. This was an invaluable piece of information and it meant we did not have to continually ask someone which bus to take.
Thanks again to the staff for making us welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lawexpert
Reviewed 4 August 2012 via mobile

My partner and I have stayed at this property since a friend recommended it and had lovely experience.This place is truly unique and magical. The staff is attentive to your needs and will bend over backwards to make sure each and every guest is happy . Would love to stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Btman6
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at Kildonan in room 5 on July 22nd. Amazing are the only words to describe our stay. We dropped our car off and went to pay our room before we checked in early morning of our stay, we were greeted by a lovely lady only too happy to help. We later returned to check in and the gentleman was also lovely. We were then guided to our room, as soon as I stepped in I was ecstatic as it was gorgeous and we had also been given a complimentary bottle of Prosecco for our engagement weekend. The room was fresh, modern, clean as was the bathroom. There is also comp sherry and shortbread, though we didn't oblige! The room was on the ground floor, prefect for our car as its right outside and easy to carry our bags in. We didn't get to sample the bar or restaurant as we had been out all day. But our stay was fantastic, the staff are so helpful. I can't wait to come back.
Thank you so much!