“Very good place, to have a gret time and meal”
Review of Filling Station

Filling Station
Ranked #724 of 2,700 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: Filling Station coast to coast American restaurant and bar, has been created by a team of people who genuinely love good quality food, drinks and good times! No doubt you're thinking, well doesn't everybody want that? It's true many people do, but we have genuinely struggled to find somewhere that actually delivers all of these things. So our solution was simple - let's do it ourselves, the result is Filling Station.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

As tourist ( 4 of us) we walked in Filling station in the early morning to have some breakfast. The lady (Laenne), that greet us, was very professional and welcoming. And Breakfast was amazing! Huge portions ( Breakfast Feast and Traditional Breakfast), really tasty. Coffees were great as well. So we decided to visit this place once again in the evening. Brilliant steaks, lovely coctails, great garlic bread, tasty burgers.We were served by a gentelman Vago, who made our evening even better. Took really good care of us and as we saw of all his customers. Thank you! And next time in Edinburgh- we'll be back!

1  Thank Maria k

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Staff were friendly enough, just a little slow. Not sure if they were short staffed or this is the norm but the wait for a couple of burgers was a bit much, even when we prompted the staff about the time. Food was decent enough once it arrived, not the best value but it’s a chain restaurant in a city centre so it’s to be expected. The main advantage here is it is kid friendly, even for our wee one year old.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Greeted by a man who looked at us blankly. We asked for a table for two. After being seated it was a good ten minutes before anyone took a drinks or food order (it wasn't that busy). My vegetarian breakfast was bland. My partner said some of his breakfast feast was cold. The butter was hard to was not able to spread it on my toast. No one came to ask how the food was during the meal. Once we had finished we had empty plates on our table for white a while then a waiter just gave us our bill, saying nothing. No offer of further drinks and still not asked if the food was alright. He came back and took a card payment then he was gone and that was it. Never had such strange and unwelcoming service before.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Nice location. Good decoration. I love music as it calm. Unfortunately no soya milk for coffee. Ordered pancakes with maple seroup and beacon. And strawberry and cream. Flat white coffee was a bit 'though'. I prefer it more creamy taste.

1  Thank Delia_Suvari
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Me my partner came here for a nice meal before we have to head back home.
The food was really good and good value for menu. I recommend ordering from the lunch menu as it was just as good as the main and so much cheaper!

However the waitress, who's name was Leanne. Was the rudest person I have ever encountered let alone to be a server. She didn't greet us at the door and when we asked for a table for 2, she simply pointed us to the closest table and said 'there' then we sat down she gave us our menus and left.

When she returned to take our order she was very rude and blunt and when I asked for a unlimited drink.. she just stared at me and made me feel uncomfortable until she said 'well what flavour' I didn't know we had to pick one as I thought we can help ourselves at a station or something.

This really ruined our meal as even when we just looked at her she looked so miserable and was treating other guests the same.

Shocking really.
I work as a supervisor for a restaurant and if one of my stuff acted how she did / she wouldn't be working for me.

I hope some steps get taken, because she ruined our time here.

3  Thank Aiyesha V