Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor
USD 209
USD 169
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 232/night.

USD 164
USD 133
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 192/night.

USD 287
USD 262
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 299/night.

Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 146
ibis
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 210/night.

The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
USD 274
USD 213
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 252/night.

USD 934
USD 764
  • Pool
2,855 results
All reviewshaymarket stationdeluxe roomhigh ceilingscity centreprinces streettram stopbreakfast was excellentporridgehaggisroyal miletownhousecastlebusespubs
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Unless you have sleeping pills as I did do not book a single room here as you land up overlooking the main road with a lot of buses. Noisy in one word. Restaurant was not worth eating and the breakfast was dire. WIFI only available free in reception areas at £110 a night this is not aceptable.

Room Tip: Book a room at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean_Reynolds
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel.

I am truly sorry that your sleep was disrupted; unfortunately due to the Tram works around the city, traffic was diverted along our usually quiet street, this is something which, I’m afraid, is beyond our control, and I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you. I can now confirm that, due to a new set of diversions, traffic is no longer being diverted along Grosvenor Street.

Wi-Fi access in the hotel is free to our guests in the lounge/lobby areas, and our Diamond and Gold Hilton honours members can enjoy this complimentary service in their room.

I am sorry that you did not get to experience our true breakfast standards; our breakfast generally receives high praise from guests especially for our chefs who cook foods to order for individual guests, I do hope that we get the chance to welcome you back in the future to put this to right.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 2nights and by the end of the 1st night we could hardly walk after sleeping in the beds there.Took us a few days afterwards to recover from it the beds very very uncomfortable especially for a hilton hotel.Also the room needing to be upgraded to get in tow with the other hilton hotels around.We have stayed in many hotels and this was the worst by far

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank Sitabl3
Grosvenor_Edinburgh, General Manager at Hilton Edinburgh Grosvenor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry you found the beds to be uncomfortable – our beds are Hilton Serenity beds, they are a not too hard, not too soft variety to accommodate a wide spectrum of sleepers. All beds are equipped with mattress toppers also for added comfort, had we been made aware of your discomfort at the time of your stay with us, we would have offered an additional topper of a move.

All rooms in hotel are Hilton standard; they each have their own unique layout – rooms in the main building were refurbished in 2008 and the Townhouse annexe has just undergone a full £1.3million refurbishment in February last year. Again had we been made aware of this issue at the time of your stay last April – we would have done all we could to rectify this situation to ensure a more satisfying stay for you.

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed here on business, close to Haymarket Train station but thats about as good as it gets, the room was on the 3rd floor, mustart coloured walls and brown covers& curtains, NO view as the 3rd floor is in the eaves of the roof, so you had to stand on a chair to see out and that was at the houses opposite. Bathroom was dirty with pubic hair round the bath ! Restaurant (breakfast) was lifeless. bar small and I didnt see many in it, reception & check-in/out - no problems so was the best part of the stay. For the money I would have stayed elsewhere. TRAM problems a joke and crossing the road is a nightmare between station and hotel

Room Tip: ask for a lower room floor if you want a view or an upgraded room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.

I note your comment regarding window height on 3rd floor; windows in the hotel do get smaller the higher up the building you are, this is a characteristic of the Georgian building. Rooms on the 3rd floor are currently undergoing refreshing, had you made us aware at the time of your stay of your issues we would have offered a move to a more suitable room.

I am sorry for the cleanliness of the bathroom; I have spoken with the Head Housekeeper to ensure there is no recurrence; I must assure you that this is not our normal standards.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

The staff in this hotel were a credit, turned up at reception at 10pm in a muddy running kit having just completed the "mighty deerstalker" in Peebles. Not a second look, after a shower straight in the bar, where they organised the boxing on TV, returned to hotel about 4am, and asked for a drink and to watch the late fight again no problem. The shower in the room was poor, but the room itself was excellent. The main comments to make though we're about the people, the staff were superb!!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Snifter44

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments with regards to the team here at the Grosvenor brought a smile to my face; it always fills me with pride when they are acknowledged for their outstanding service!

Reviewed 19 March 2012

My boyfriend booked for us to go to Edinburgh for the weekend for my birthday. We thought the hotel was a little closer to the cetre of town, but as we didnt mind walking the distance wasnt an issue.

The hotel is split into two, the main hotel and the Town Houses which is across the road. WE were given a room in the Town House. The room was nice, it was very clean, and quite small. We had a tv with all channels and good storage. The bathroom was really nice too.

The bed was very noisy when turning over, and kept us awake. The complimentary continental breakfast wasnt amazing. There was toast and juice and a small selection of cerials and danishes. The poor girl working there had to keep running across the road to the main hotel to get top ups of juice and milk.

Over all I would say the hotle was nice, but maybe not worth the price we paid for it given the location, room and breakfast. If you are going to stay here I would request to be in the main hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. The location of the hotel is only a ten minute stroll to the centre of town and is literally on Haymarket Railway stations doorstep.

The hotel does have two buildings; the main building and the newly refurbished Townhouse annexe where the complimentary continental breakfast is served, we have received great reviews for this from guests in the past months, I am sorry on this occasion you did not get to experience this.

Thank you for reviewing the hotel, I do hope we get a chance to welcome you back to the hotel int he future to show you our true standards.