Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,237 results
All reviews princes street scott monument castle view waverley station christmas market excellent location superior room old town edinburgh city few minutes walk short break royal mile haggis jenners tram
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night booked through work. Upon check in we were upgraded as my partner mentioned his Accor status. Our privilege castle view room was lovely. The bathroom however extremely dated and let the room down.
My colleagues however weren’t so lucky. One in particular got a dirty dark room that smelled badly of damp and had a vomit stain on the carpet. This is where I was disgusted. The staff brushed her off as a nobody. Refused to do anything at all. Said hotel was full which was clearly a lie given they had upgraded our room at check in, so where was our original room? The same male member of staff even said if she wanted a nicer room then she should have asked our employer to book one! A clean room is a basic standard not a paid extra.
They then tried to refuse service in the restaurant saying they were too busy and we should of reserved a table.
They only agreed to serve us when we told them our employer had arranged an allowance for evening meal for us. At no point at check in were we told we had to reserve a table. The service did improve once they took our order but the food was very bland.
The privilege room wasn’t great at 3AM on a Saturday night either as the night bus was right under i so cue having to listen to all the drunks waiting to go home after club kick out time followed by M&S lorries unloading stock! A truly horrendous nights sleep.
Breakfast was ok but this is the only place I’ve ever known that managed to burn croissants so they were harder than stale bread.
The mercure properties are always the most inconsistent of the Accor properties but this place has truly set a new low which I will be aiming to never repeat.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Torry-Tripper
James F, General Manager at Mercure Edinburgh City Princes Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

The hotel was fully booked at the time of your stay and the staff most definitely did not lie to your colleague about this, all rooms are allocated prior to arrival. All bookings were for classic rooms and this was provided for the stay other than the complimentary upgrade. We are an older three star property and whist some rooms and bathrooms require a refresh they are cleaned daily, We are not aware of any rooms that have vomit stains on the carpets however I will review all rooms with the team! Reception have confirmed that the guest was offered a room move and this was refused, this is clarified in a review left by a fellow colleague.

Our restaurant was fully booked at the time as we had three large groups booked in for dinner, this meant that we had limited space for other diners, this does happen from time to time as we are a very busy hotel. however as we have pre knowledge of guests on this rate we are able to hold space for them. Once the restaurant manager was aware of your dinner inclusive rate he ensured that you got a table.

We are sorry to hear that this situation has permanently marred your opinion of us. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Myra McKillop
Operations Manager

Reviewed 29 October 2019

There was a problem with the front door that did not work well. We had a fire alarm in our first morning. It was easy to find the way out and it was not clear for me how a toaster could have caused it as there was no toaster in my room... so other rooms have a toaster? I have also notice that the hotel is not prepared for disabled people due to the stairs at the entrance. The room had a leak on the toilet.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Mauro D

Dear Guest,

I can confirm that the toaster is in the breakfast room and not in any guest bedrooms and this was the reason for the fire alarm activation.

We are a hotel that offers access with assistance and receive many guests with disabilities.

kind regards,

Myra McKillop
Operations Manager

Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

Can't believe how dated the hotel rooms are, never stayed in a Mercure as bad. Bar area looks nice but they don't have any coke only sugar free, bar woman drowned my rum in Pepsi Max and then charged me daylight robbery. I won't be back and would be seriously put off booking a Mercure again

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucy s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I was very disappointed to read that your room did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 26 October 2019

This hotel must be recommended not only for its superb location in the centre of Edinburgh with beautiful views across Princes Street Gardens to the castle and old town but also the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. I had already paid extra for a castle view room which was more than worth it and upon arrival we were upgraded to a Privilege room with a large bay window on the sixth floor which we found to be very well equipped comfortable and spacious with excellent views. Any noise from the road below was minimal.

There was a very good selection of food for breakfast catering for all dietary requirements. The bar restaurant and reception are set in a bright modern atmosphere again with excellent views across the gardens.

The internet always worked well and the rooms were very well cleaned and all teas coffees bath towels etc were replaced every day. After four full days in this beautiful city it was always such a pleasure ro return to such a pleasant room. Small requests such as soya milk in the room were dealt with quickly and efficiently.

For a hotel in the centre of Edinburgh with a large turnover of guests I couldn’t fault it and would most definitely stay again.

2  Thank 471honey

Dear Guest,

What a great review and we thank you for it. We are pleased that you enjoyed our fantastic location. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Reviewed 25 October 2019

This hotel is located at the best location in Edinburgh, on Princes Street, not far from the Railway station, with a great view on the old city.
The hotel itself needs some refurbishing.
We had the impression, Staff was a bit too busy with so many guests.
The rooms are OK but not too big.

Room tip: Do have a room with Castle view rooms on the other side have no good view at all
1  Thank 213casparv

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience. We are pleased that you found our location to be fantastic, We are an older three star property and whilst some areas require a refresh we do our best to ensure clean.

We do hope to see you again on your next visit to Edinburgh.