The Howard
  • Room Service
USD 104*
USD 80*
Agoda.com
All reviewsbutler servicedrawing roomhead butlertrinity suiteterrace suitepersonal butlersmall hotelhuge bathroomtea and coffeestar serviceboutique hotellovely hotelupgraded to a suitebeautiful roombreakfast was deliciousstayed for nightsfull scottish breakfast
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I took my wife to the Howard for four nights and have to say it is the best hotel either of us have ever stayed in. The butler service is fantastic in fact all of the staff were superb very attentive but not intrusive. When we arrived we given tea and homemade shortbread in the drawing room while our bags were taken to our room, when we were taken to our room we were amazed at how spacious it was and decorated beautifully. I cannot recommend this hotel any higher everything about it oozes quality.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Jrwstokes
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at The Howard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a positive review, we really do pride ourselves on the quality and attentiveness of our service and I am pleased to hear that you found all members of the team to be helpful. Our butlers enjoy delivering a check-in experience which lets you relax and unwind as soon as you arrive - even before you get to the room!

I shall pass your comments onto the team and we all hope to welcome you back to The Howard in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

The staff arranged for me to have a massage in my room and I can honestly say I think it was the best massage I have ever had.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay and that you were able to take advantage of some of the many 'extras' our Guest Services team are able to arrange. I have passed your compliments onto the masseur, who was delighted to hear such positive feedback!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

My second stay at the Howard. Room lovely and the butler service is fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Stuart,
Fantastic to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Howard once again, very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. Do hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

What a beautiful hotel, we spent 2 nights here for our wedding anniversary and it was wonderful. It is ultimate luxury and comfort. The staff are welcoming and efficient. We stayed in the Charlotte room and it was spotlessly clean, spacious and elegant. This hotel is a real treat.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Charlotte and it was gorgeous
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review, delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our luxurious Junior Suites and that you were well looked after by our team. We very much look forward to welcoming you on a return visit to The Howard in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

There is no better place in Edinburgh for comfort, luxury, customer service and location. Incredibly friendly staff with beautiful rooms extremely well appointed with all luxury amenities. Loved the butler service with fabulous tea served after a long day out in the town and even better, a Hendrick's and gin in the evening. Always stay here and it's always a treat. I have stayed here with family as well as travelling solo and for a solo woman traveller it's wonderfully close to town, very safe with helpful staff.

Room Tip: All rooms are good with the suites being amazing enjoy the photos of a couple of different rooms we've had over the years
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
EdinburghCollection, General Manager at The Howard, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

A sincere and thoughful review - my thanks to this guest for their kind words and for sharing their experiences with the wider community of travellers. Such reviews always make my day, and, more importantly, really motivate the team here at The Howard. I look forward to welcoming this guest back to Edinburgh before too long..........
Leon Kiteley