Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 301*
Hotels.com
USD 187*
  • Pool
USD 250*
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 193*
USD 187*
  • Bar/Lounge
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 281*
USD 257*
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 151*
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
USD 210*
USD 160*
  • Room Service
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 185*
USD 108*
  • Bar/Lounge
USD 145*
4,030 results
All reviewspeacock alleycaley bargalvin brasserieguerlain spacastle viewbeautiful hotelend of princes streetfive star hotelturn down servicenespresso machinean upgradebirthday treatbeautiful roomhaggisroyal mileconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Decided after a great overnight stay here before christmas to visit the Waldorf again for a couple of nights. Best thing about it was the fact we got the exact same room again with its fantastic veiws of the castle. Service was 1st class from start to finish and would most definitely stsy here again on a future trip to Edinburgh.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
GMWAEdi, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2017

Dear Rury_Glasgow,

Thank you for sharing your comments and for choosing to return to us.

We were delighted to have you here with us once again and that it was another memorable experience. Your feedback is much appreciated and we already look forward to welcoming you back a third time.

Please be sure to book directly through our website - waldorfastoriaedinburgh.com - for the best deals and exclusive offers.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights end of Feb in the king premier with view room.
Fantastic room fab view of the castle beautiful big bed and comfortable lovely spacious bathroom.
Breakfast was a buffet style really well presented lots of choice to suit everyone, the food was excellent
Staff were very friendly and helpful cannot find fault with anything, would highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear darren b,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your excellent feedback.

It was a pleasure to have had you here with us and it is wonderful to learn of your thorough enjoyment of your stay from start to finish.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience and I trust you travelled home safely.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I spend a night here the service from the moment that I checked in though the whole stay was really good, rooms are spacious and the view of the castle is amazing!
Breakfast was very tasty and good variety.
Also i used the swimming pool and the sauna, very relaxing after a long day and first thing in the morning.
Concierge was really good helping me booking a hairdresser in the area.
Over all one of the best places i stayed in Edinburgh

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Angelica C,

Many thanks for choosing us for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us from your arrival experience, to your room, the stunning view of Edinburgh Castle, breakfast, our Spa facilities and the service you received from our team. I will be sharing your much appreciated comments with everyone here at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian and we all look forward to welcioing you back.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We stayed here when it was the Caledonian Hilton, back in 2012. It is in a wonderful location, close to many charming areas to visit in the downtown core. We had the appartment on the highest floor (booked directly through hotel website), and had the most spectacular view of double rainbows overlooking the churches, valleys, and seeing green for miles. Loved this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
GMWAEdi, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear florida078,

We are delighted you enjoyed your return stay with us. The Caledonian indeed offers unique views of Edinburgh Castle and the city, and I am happy to hear you had the chance to witness such a picturesque scene.

Thank you for your kind comments and we shall be happy to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Lessons in Leadership:
Just come back from Edinburgh where I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria, my wife ordered a coffee when it arrived it was not to her taste the restaurant manager replaced the coffee immediately and apologised to her, his words prompted me to write this.
He said “I am sorry for the experience you have had it should not have happened”
How many companies today focus on customer experience compared to shareholder dividends and profit margins?
I know that I will be back at the Waldorf Astoria to sample more wonderful experiences, the whole team at the Waldorf are committed to giving the customer, ‘The Waldorf Astoria Experience’.
I will certainly return to the Waldorf Astoria it was the whole experience that ensured I would return, resulting in more shareholder dividend and a better profit margin.
Think customer experience first, shareholder dividend and a better profit margin will automatically follow.
I believe that people who give their best automatically give their most.
Thank you to every member of the Waldorf Astoria team, first class all the way.

Stayed: February 2017
GMWAEdi, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear L3188TOjohn,

Many thanks for your wonderful review following your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that our team truly enhanced your visit and I will be sure to share your comments with everyone here.

I trust you travelled home safely and I already look forward to welcoming you back for an unforgettable experience.