Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
USD 205*
USD 140*
USD 130*
  • Pool
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 140*
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
USD 194*
USD 147*
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
USD 82*
USD 78*
Travelocity
4,020 results
All reviewspeacock alleycaley bargalvin brasserieguerlain spacastle viewbeautiful hotelend of princes streetfive star hotelturn down servicenespresso machinean upgradebirthday treatbeautiful roomhaggisroyal mileconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Normally when in Edinburgh I stay at the other end of Princess Street at the B,..oral, however I had a private meeting in one of the conference rooms next day so decided to stay in the hotel.

This hotel surpassed my expectations, from the minute I entered the lobby area to be greeted by a very pleasant traditionally dressed doorman and through the check in process, which was businesslike, efficient and seamless.

Ok so the whole hotel has undergone a refurbishment programme but that is to Waldorf's credit and they have done it just right.

I asked for a quiet room away from traffic and got exactly what I requested, inner facing on the second floor, even though it was a standard room it was very well appointed, sufficient facilities for my stay, the bed was very commfortable, the room was spotless and when I got in the turn down service had been which was a ice touch, the bath robes are very, very comfortable and the A/C worked fine, even though I am a light sleeper I had a good nights sleep.

I had a drink in the bar before going out to dinner and that was also a nice experience, the breakfast was fabulous, everything freshly cooked with great friendly service.

Overall the service was first class, the staff were excellent and with very good service at this hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel and when I am next in Edinburgh I will definately be back.

Room Tip: If you require a quiet room request an inner facing room, floor 2 and above no view but a good nights sleep compensates for that
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
GRMCaleyWA, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Caledonian following your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your positive feedback with regard to our customer service and will ensure these comments are passed on to our staff.

We look forward to seeing you at 'The Caley' again.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed weekend of 2nd Feb for my husband's 50th. Staff extremely welcoming, chocs and birthday card in room. The room was not large but was wonderfully furnished. Public rooms had relaxed atmosphere. Great stay.

Room Tip: Use the robes. They are the softest I have ever felt wonderful to wear.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your husband's birthday.

We look forward to welcoming you again to 'The Caley' in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Just a one night stay with my wife and 3 year old (over excited) son, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and our son was made a fuss of at every occasion, we really enjoyed our stay and will be back in the near future. Room was a superior king with a view of the castle and was very nice, really enjoyable short stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
GRMCaleyWA, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at the Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria hotel. I was delighted to meet you and your family on your recent trip to Edinburgh, and your son certainly appeared to enjoy himself!!

Hopefully you will get the opportunity to return to the 'Caley' again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

We were attending a business event at The Caledonian so thought we would stay over and spend a couple of days in Edinburgh. We had stayed a number of years ago but not since it has been rebranded as a Waldorf Astoria. Our check-in went well and we had been upgraded to a larger room with a view of the castle. This was very much appreciated and our room was beautiful but perhaps lacked a few finishing touches such as artwork - it was perhaps stark but was indeed a big room to furnish. We used both the Nespresso and the kettle for tea which was useful as it took a while to get our room 'warmed up' - but it was a very very cold day!
We had been recommended a restaurant and the receptionist phoned and booked a table for us - she was under a bit of pressure though as concierge had disappeared!
Breakfast was beautiful. Hot and cold buffet. We usually do not enjoy a hot buffet but this was to a high standard. The waiter 'Stuart' was very helpful as was 'Ursula' who showed us to our table.
A very enjoyable stay with absolutely nothing to complain about - five out of five - LOVED IT!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at the Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria hotel. I appreciate your constructive comments, and shall certainly take into consideration your observations with regards to the art work within our bedrooms. I am also extremely pleased to see that you made full use of the facilities, including our new Nespresso machines which are available in every bedroom.

Moreover, we look forward to welcoming you back to the 'Caley' again in the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

This is a really lovely hotel( although did not like colour of bedroom walls but that is simply personal choice) Wonderful pillows!!!!!
Excellent situation, great bedrooms and facilities and lovely breakfast, Worthpaying a little more for luxury. Booked from USA and got a great deal including breakfast.
Be aware it is at the other end of Princess Street from the Railway Station. Very close to the Castle.

Room Tip: We had a superior room but judging from the corridors and public areas even a Standard would probably be good. Look for breakfast included deals
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us at the Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria hotel. It is pleasing for me to read such positive remarks, with exception of your preference in colour of our bedrooms.

Needless to say, I am sure that this will not deter you from returning to the 'Caley' again in the future.