The hotel is in a good position in the West End of Edinburgh. Our room did not have a view of the castle and overlooked some offices. I could see into the office and not sure if they could see in the room. The is only a curtain, so if it is open people can see in.
The room was a king room but was very small. Two of us couldn't walk about at the same time. The tv was also strangely placed in the corner which you couldn't see from one side of the bed.
Heating in the room was from air conditioning which was very noisy - no chance of sleeping if it was switched on. The floors also creaked whenever anyone walked past outside.
The bathroom was quite large but only had heating from a towel rail so was cold. The bath seemed a poor quality for a top notch hotel. Towels and bedding were of a great quality.
Service from staff was friendly. Did have an issue with the Internet not working and was resolved by giving another voucher.
Breakfast was ok.
For the rates they were charging I would expect a lot more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Ctrip TA, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland