After being to many places in the uk for a cream tea, we agreed the Waldorf is THE best place we have ever been for it! The patisserie was incredible. The selection of teas accommodated to everyone's personal choice. The service by all staff was excellent an we want to thank tobi Espeacially for doing an excellent job of serving us all afternoon. The Waldorf is by far better for than the Ritz. For 22 pounds you get a lot more for your money and better quality. Then to our surprise we were offere the choice to take any 'leftovers' home which was such a brilliant touch. A must do when you go to Edinburgh!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Ctrip TA, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and HotelQuickly so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland