Open today: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm

from USD 19.65
from USD 41.66
from USD 72.05
44,814 results
All reviews o'clock gun the scottish crown jewels war memorial mons meg military history audio guide lots of history great history entrance fee few hours royal mile free tour tickets cannon queue prison destiny
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Great castle clean well set out lots to see from cannons, POW rooms, Scottish regiments history, even a whiskey tasteing

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A great day out at Edinburgh castle today! It is expensive (I think) at £18.50 per adult or £17 if you pre book. I’d definitely recommend pre booking though as I think you skip most of the queue! There is lots to see and do at the castle and some lovely scenery to set it all off. After a while I found that I was overwhelmed with how much history happened there and how many names, dates and whatever else was mentioned. May help to do some research before and after!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lots to see and stunning views if you pick the right weather! Can get extremely busy. Plan to spend a good couple of hours here.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I absolutely loved this castle. I went during peak season (summer months) and even thought we were at the entrance first thing in the morning, the crowd was unbelievably huge and at times overwhelming. I had also prepaid. Nevertheless, the castle and the grounds are so big there is plenty of space to accommodate everyone. I would recommend visiting the crown jewels right away as soon as they open because that room became more congested clogged as the morning progressed. I also liked going straight to the top of the site and working my way down as most people seem to do the opposite. The castle is magnificent and stunning and worth the hustle and bustle of the masses.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Well worth a visit ! We did not buy the tickets in advance but the queue was very quick. Do get there around 1pm and you can hear the canon going !