“Inspired menu, great food at low cost”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Indaba

Indaba
Ranked #23 of 2,449 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: USD 19 - USD 32
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: An unpretentious Tapas restaurant serving Tapas From Spain and South Africa. Yes, this is casual dining. Regret no under 5's. No Groups larger than 8.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Inspired menu, great food at low cost”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Many years ago I had discussion with an ex about how a restaurant which did starters from different countries be a great draw .. this is very close with a wonderful mix of Spanish/South American/South African tapas from people who so obviously love food and want others to enjoy it too. Been quite a few times now and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Be persuaded by your wait staff about what's good/fresh/tasty that day, mix it up and enjoy tantalizing your taste buds.

It's not posh, just relaxed, honest and tasty with locally sourced produce and lovely people running this place!

• Visited August 2011

• Korean first
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Great tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We happen to come across great reviews for this restaurant on Trip Advisor during our stay in Edinburgh last October and thought it was worth a visit. Although it didn't look that exciting from the outside once we saw the menu we were persuaded. It offered a good variety of tapas style dishes using various flavours and ingredients. We ordered a few dishes between us to share and we absolutely enjoyed all dishes. They were delicious! There was a great atmosphere to this restaurant and the staff were friendly. This little gem is well worth a visit.

• Visited October 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Spectacular in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Wanted to stop in for late saturday night dinner, and place was packed. Small venue (can seat 30-40 people) so either get there early or have reservations. I waited an hour for a table but food was well worth it. I tried meat, seafood and veggie tapas and all of them were out of this world good, cooked to perfection. My favorite were the pork ribs... I've been looking for ribs that are better than my favorite spot in the states and have finally found them. Ribs fell right of the bone - perfectly tender and sauce had the perfect mix of BBQ and heat. Phenomenal all around and even the dessert ( and I'm not a dessert person) was awesome - chocolate crying cake... Thats all that needs to be said. Proprietors and staff are super friendly and provide great service. I cannot think of one bad thing to say about this place except that it resides across the Atlantic. I wish I could bundle it up and take it home with me. If there is one restaurant u must go to in Edinburgh this is it!

Edinburgh, Scotland
“Fantastic range of interesting tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Visited this restaurant for the first time (and it certainly won't be the last!) a couple of weeks ago with my family. We have tried a number of Spanish style tapas restaurants in the past but this one sounded a bit different on the website so decided to give it a go. We were not disappointed. The menu is fairly extensive with a good mix of meat, fish and veggie options as well as a number of daily specials. The four of us had three tapas each with one extra and this was pretty much spot on if you want to leave room for deserts. Every tapas was excellent. All the meat dishes were tasty and melt in the mouth. The veggie options were just great too. Had a trio of deserts to share - just fantastic especially the crying cake. (You will indeed cry when it is finished!) My husband had the ginger and lime cheesecake - it was divine. Good choice of wines too - by the bottle and by the glass. Meal with wine and beers for 4 of us was under £100 - this is fantastic value for money. We are all keen to go back again very soon.

Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is the thrid time we have been at Indaba - we were celebrating my partners birthday - and we have to say it was just as amazing as the first time we visited. The food was superb and beautifully cooked, the atmospher was very relaxed, the service was brilliant - just couldn't fault it. Definately found "our" restaurant in Edinburgh.