“The best in Edinburgh so far ”

Deacon's House Cafe
Ranked #7 of 170 Quick Bites in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Friendly café located on the Royal Mile. Lots of home made Dairy and Gluten free cakes. Home made soups, scones,triple certified organic coffee and a good choice of leaf teas. Outside Terrace.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Staff very nice and helpful.. food here is freshly amazing. The choice is huge. Scones and shortbread typically Scottish. All food is homemade. The atmosphere is warm and cozy.
Highly recommended.. salmon is fresh from Scotland.. bread yummy.. thanks a lot..

Français!! Venez sans hésiter vous serez ravis.. j adore cet endroit!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,027)

Reviewed 9 November 2018

Very picturesque cafe on the Roya Mile. I ate the best scone with cream, butter and marmalade. It´s a typical Scottish cafe, beautifully decorated.
Do not miss it!!! It is a must!!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Staff was very friendly and the food was incredible. It's probably a weird thing to rave about, but the oatmeal with red berries was AMAZING! It was probably some of the best oatmeal I've ever had with the perfect blend of sweet and sour berries. I wish I could take the berry mixture home with me, because it was incredible. I'm so sad we ate here our last day, because I certainly would have gone back had we stayed in Edinburgh longer.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 2 November 2018

Little secret: This place has the BEST tablet in Scotland. Hands down. So good.
Of course, the tablet was an afterthought. This is also the best coffee shop we went to. They have scones and sandwiches too and it's great for breakfast or a light lunch, or just some sweets with tea or coffee. I love the atmosphere - how the walls tell the story of Deacon Brodie.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

We had breakfast at this spot and although the location is great and service was good they served burnt toast and the 'scrambled eggs' tasted and looked like powdered eggs-ugh!

Date of visit: November 2018