“Beautiful areas near Glasgow in a day”

Mini Day Tours Scotland
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a truly unique private guided driver tour of Scotland with popular local Scottish tour guide, Craig McCall Flynn BA(Hons). Personal Scottish tours from 1 to 30 days for singles, couples, families or groups up to 8 people.Let me show you the real Scotland from the back roads, avoiding the bus tour hoards and tourist traps. Discover the historic castles, colourful history, breath-taking scenery and hidden gems that make Scotland one of the most amazing places in the world! With more than 30 years experience of exploring Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland I look forward to sharing with you these beautiful countries, their history and culture based on your requirements.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

FABULOUS! What more can I say? Craig was wonderful to work with and helped suggest the itinerary for the day. He knew our time constraints and wanted to make sure we had a memorable and enjoyable time seeing beautiful Scotland. He met as strangers, but definitely left as friends! He diligently cared for me, my mom, and two aunts. We never felt rushed and he happily answered all our questions and told us all about our places of visit. Not to be missed! If you are looking for a guide and lucky enough to have Craig available on your date of choice, do not delay! You will not be disappointed! Highly recommend again and again!

Date of experience: April 2018
in 10 reviews
"beautiful country"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Craig was amazing! We traveled through England and Scotland and Craig's knowledge was spectacular! He gave us insight into the countries and their landmarks. His van was extremely clean and comfortable for our family and we felt safe with his driving. Thanks Craig!

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank MackFirby
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Craig is AWESOME!!! We have travelled all over the world and often hire a local driver/tour guide. Hands down, Craig is the best we have ever had!

As a driver:
He picked us up in a brand new luxury van (Mercedes). It was very comfortable, clean, had lots of room for the eight of us (kids and adults) & plenty of space for our luggage.

Throughout our tour we felt safe and comfortable. His driving skills are impeccable and not a single time did we ever feel we needed to question his driving.

As a guide:
Craig presents with an outstanding knowledge of history throughout the UK and Ireland, tourist spots & hidden gems. His sense of humor, warm personality and natural ability to share information made for relaxing drives and an exceptional tour no guide could compare to. We had a wide age range (10-73)- he was engaging & respectful of each of us ensuring he shared history, stories, and sites we all would enjoy.

Each day and every stop, Craig was prompt in picking us up. Throughout our trip, he was thoughtful and considerate of our needs, planned things according to our interests, learned about areas we were interested in based on our family roots, and learned about our heritage sites to ensure we didn’t miss a thing and obtained a true sense of our history. He regularly checked in regarding temperature control, snack and meal times and scheduled appropriate stops for washroom breaks, which was not expected, but appreciated. We often veered from our original plans and Craig was incredibly flexible in accommodating our requests.

His professional adaptable nature is a pleasure to travel with and he met our every need. We would highly recommend Craig to anyone knowing you will have an amazing time!

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 22 December 2017

5 of us took a 17 day clockwise tour of Scotland starting August of 2017. From the moment Craig picked us up we all felt at ease with him. I worked with him on perfecting our itinerary and between my research and Craig's remarkable knowledge of his home country we designed a great itinerary. One highlight was the Orkney's. If you have time it is a worthwhile excursion. Another favorite was Fingal's Cave..unbelievable. Craig took us to many off the beaten track places along with the Scottish favorites. Our day in St Andrews was picture perfect and we ended up spending the entire day there exploring with Craig and on our own. Each day we discussed our itinerary and at times adjusted it due to Craig's excellent suggestions of additional places to see in the area. At most venues Craig was our tour guide which was very unusual. Again..knowledge of the sites was incredible. I could go on and on but I think you have the idea. Also, hotels/B&B's were exactly what we asked for. We had a budget and Craig was able to provide good accommodations within that amount. I/we highly recommend Craig for a grand time in Scotland.

Date of experience: August 2017