Netherby House
The White Lady(Edinburgh)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)
Courtyard Edinburgh West(Edinburgh)
View Hotel
All reviewsedinburgh airportbreakfast trayowner georgecity centretaxi costvisiting edinburghfamily roomfew minutes walk awayroom was spotlessly cleanearly flightstay there againtwin roomstayed here for nightsnice stayyogurtporridgeaccommodation
Reviewed 10 April 2015

Stayed here with a friend for a reunion, The room was large and suited our stay perfectly.
Large en-suite bathroom with power shower was superb.
A big thank you to George for the lovely Full English Breakfast served in the morning.

A definite B & B to get added to my "must stay again" list.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2015

I've recently stayed at the Netherby House for the second time with a friend and once again it's been a lovely stay. George, the owner, was very kind and welcoming, the room this time faced the busy road on the front (on the previous occasion my partner and I had a double room on the back and it was much quieter) but nonetheless we managed to sleep well on the really confy double beds. Everything one looks for in a traditional b&b was there: tea and coffee making facilities, a tv for a bit of relax after a tiring day out, en-suite with power shower and plenty of hor water, wi fi connection to check emails, news and facebook. And what more can be said about the substantial breakfasts served by George every morning? Nothing more can be asked, and the plus point is given by the excellent connection to the city: there's a bus every 10 minutes and the bus stop is 100m away. In short, a place I'd recommend to anyone coming to visit this wonderful city any time of the year.

Room Tip: The rooms not facing the main road are quieter and larger.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Due to an accident at my elderly uncles home, I had to find somewhere local where he could stay.
I was extremely lucky to come across the Netherby. My uncle is elderly and The owner George and his wife made my uncle feel very comfortable and secure.
The room was immaculate and my uncle still misses the wonderful cooked breakfast.
George and his wife went above and beyond.
The Netherby is an excellent choice for anyone visiting Edinburgh - handy for both the city and the airport and I guarantee a friendly welcome awaits! Thank you George - it was wonderful!
Book with confidence and enjoy.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank logie18
Reviewed 16 March 2015

Arriving after 9pm on a chilly evening, plenty parking, my room was extremely warm, cosy and quiet, all facilities, TV, Wi-Fi, tea/coffee, on suite. Great breakfast choice, George is most helpful, sourcing bus times for me to visit a friend in hospital. I will stop here again.

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs overlooking the rear gardens are very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2014

A great place to stay; Netherby is minutes from the airport by bus or taxi and handy on the main bus route into the city centre. The rooms are lovely - spacious, quiet and crisply decorated and furnished and there is plenty of parking. George, the owner, is very helpful, we had a particularly early start for the airport and he left us a superb breakfast tray.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple