“Great apartment near to Edinburgh Playhouse and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Hallways
Annandale Street Apartment
4* Award by the Scottish Tourist Board
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
sdsdavies
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Great apartment near to Edinburgh Playhouse and the tram stop.”
Reviewed 3 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Great welcome to well resourced apartment. Quiet and comfortable.
Parkin space was a bonus not usual in central Edinburgh.

Will definitely recommend to others.

Liked best: location
Liked least: no dishwasher
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
3 Sep 2016
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Annandale apartment. I am very pleased you had a comfortable stay, and would recommend to others. I hope you will return on your next visit to Edinburgh. Thank you once again, Liz
Shelagh55...
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic apartment!”
Reviewed 27 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Fabulous apartment near the heart of Edinburgh with friendly owner, Liz, there to meet and greet you. Spotlessly clean, comfortable, modern accommodation. You can walk into town ... but there's a fantastic bus service just five minutes away if you prefer not to and a shop nearby for essentials. A bonus was the splendid super king size bed after a busy day (in our case at the Fringe). One of our sons joined us for some of the visit and rated the sofa bed super-comfy. Hoping for a return visit next year!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, location, location ... and the super king size bed!
Liked least: Honestly, nothing!
27 Aug 2016
Thank you! I am very pleased you and your family had a very comfortable stay at Annandale apartment! It was my pleasure to welcome you, and it would be lovely to welcome you back again next year! I would like to thank you once again for choosing to stay at Annandale apartment, and also for taking the time to complete this review, it really means a lot to me. Kindest regards, Liz
Jane D
Woollahra
“Perfect”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

The property is well situated in terms of proximity to buses, or it's a short walk into town. As soon as we arrived, Elizabeth was wonderful - from meeting us at the property and actually helping us with our bags, through to letting us know how to get to great restaurants and shopping tips. The apartment is lovely, with everything we needed, all fresh and new, with double-glazed windows. One thing that I NEED is good hot water and good water pressure and I wasn't disappointed. Thanks Elizabeth, it was great!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The quality of the property, location, and the helpfulness of the owner
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
26 Aug 2016
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! I am delighted that you had a lovely stay at Annandale apartment, and everything was to your satisfaction. Your time completing the review is very much appreciated and I am sure will help future guests in making their decisions. It was a pleasure to welcome you, and I hope you will return on your next visit to Edinburgh! Thank you once again, kindest regards, Liz
Kathy S
Granite Bay, CA
“Great Apartment in a Great Location”
Reviewed 29 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed in this lovely apartment for four days and were very happy here. It is the perfect location for sightseeing in Edinburgh, and the private parking lot was essential for our car. Liz was great! She got in touch with us before our arrival and met us at the door to show us around. The apartment is very well equipped and extremely comfortable. It had everything we needed, and it was a great place to relax and unwind after a busy day of sightseeing. We will definitely stay here again if we return to Edinburgh. Four days just wasn't enough time to see everything!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The apartment had all the comforts of home.
29 Jun 2016
Thank you very much for your lovely review. This means a lot to me, and I sincerely appreciate your time to complete it. It was such a pleasure to welcome you to Annandale apartment, and I am delighted to hear you were very happy at the apartment during your stay, and you would stay again on your next visit. Thank you!
Roger B
“Welcoming host, wonderful apartment and an excellent central location”
Reviewed 26 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Host: Although I've stayed in one of Liz' other apartments in the past this one is just as good. On arrival Liz was there to meet and greet, was very helpful and friendly and advised on a number of local eateries and things to do. She was very informative and gave a tour of the flat and covered anything that I might need to know regarding it (which was also covered in the folder in the living room). Liz is an excellent and genuine host and it was a comfort to know that if there were any issues she would be there to help out.

Apartment: The apartment itself was spotless and had everything I needed. The shutters in the bedroom were a nice bonus as I'm a light sleeper. The flat had good wifi which was plain and simple and straight forward to connect to. The bed was enormous and comfortable and the seats were equally as comfy when I finished off the day with some programmes in the evening. I didn't need to make use of the sofa bed but may need to if I'm back with more company in future. The kitchen was practical and had everything I needed.

Location: The location is roughly a 5-10 minute walk from Princes Street and also a 10 minute walk will get you to Broughton Street (recommended by Liz) which has an excellent butchers called Crombies and an alcohol shop (with a good range of local ales!) called Vino. Adding another 5-10 minutes onto that walk will get you to the Royal Mile and all it's attractions. There's a nearby park which would be handy for dogs (which a number of locals used) and going a little bit further and over the main road leads to Regent Gardens and Carlton Hill which is worth a walk up for the view.
Parking wasn't too much an issue (although some of the spaces required a little extra wiggling to fit into) but in general with the permit provided and the number of cars there I could pick and choose where to go anyway.

Overall this is an excellent self-catering holiday apartment and I whole-heartedly give it a good five out of five. I'll be recommending this apartment to friends and also hope to make it up again sometime in the near future with them!

Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway
27 Jun 2016
Thank you so much for your wonderful and detailed review! This is very much appreciated, and I am sure will be a great help to future guests looking for advice and helpful tips.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay once again, and would recommend to friends.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Edinburgh later in the year, thank you once again.
Kindest regards,
Liz
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing