“Great Hotel in Edinburgh!”

Fraser Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #51 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel in Edinburgh!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed at the Fraser Suites for 6 nights, April 29th-May 5th 2012 and it was lovely! The hotel was in a good location, albeit VERY touristy, off the Royal Mile and only a 10 minute walk to Princes and George Streets.

The room was very nice and cosy. The one problem I found with the room was that it was 2 single beds put together instead of a double/queen bed. It was very uncomfortable since one bed was slightly higher than the other and I kept rolling into my husband during the night. We asked about it downstairs and were told that some rooms are just like that and were unable to change because the hotel was booked. The bathroom was beautiful although I would have loved to have a bathtub instead of just a shower to soak in after a long day of walking around the city.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. My husband still had to work while we were on vacation and the late night service from the front desk for more tea and milk were great! The laundry facility was free of charge (did have to buy a packet of laundry soap for £1) and such a life saver.

I don't know if I would stay again, it was REALLY touristy and I've now "been there done that" but I would definitely recommend the hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank veronicacrank
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear veronicacrank,

thank you very much for your really positive feedback.

I am happy that you found our staff attentive and helpful and you enjoyed the location of our property. You may call the area very touristy, however, this is a World Heritage Site, so one would expect visitors in the city centre.

It is great that you were happy to use our laundry facilities, we would like to offer our guests much more than a regular hotel, we have our kitchen or kitchenettes in every room, a laundry area, a gym, everything is designed with our guests' needs in mind.

I hope you will visit Edinburgh in the future and will stay with us again.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We had a excellent stay at the Fraser suites! In a prime location to acces the royal mile and Edinburgh castle. We could not find fault with it at all! The hotel wel spotlessly clean with a very handy little kitchenette attached and all very well appointed. We had a superb view from our window right over the city which was a real highlight for us.

Staff were very friendly and we can not fault the breakfast. We will most definitely be back when we go back to edinburgh, I highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa M
Dear Lisa M,

thank you very much for your fantastic review. The team here at Fraser Suites Edinburgh are delighted that you had a great stay with us. We take great pride in maintaining the property to a very high standard and we are delighted that you found the place spotless and the service very good.

I do hope that you will visit Edinburgh again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2012

having decided that my wife needed to see more of the u.k. we chose edinburgh for a three night city break and booked ourselves into the fraser suites on the recommendation of trip advisor reviews. the hotel is superbly situated about half way along the royal so walking to most places was easy, the castle is at one end and holyrood palace the other. the food was very good as was the food in lots of the places close by.the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was clean and spacious and we had a fantastic view of the mound and several monuments. the bathroom was fantastic, i sometimes struggle with baths as i am a little on the tall side but the one in our room was long and deep, as well as having a shower.

Room Tip: we were in a suite who's name i have forgotten but the number was 412
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doesnteatfish
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your fantastic feedback. I am delighted that we had the opportunity to welcome you here on your romantic getaway. I hope you made the most of our perfect location, and you had great walks on the Royal Mile and the surrounding area. I will pass your kind comments to my kitchen and food and beverage team, I am sure they will be equally delighted.

We are all very happy that you think our staff were a part of your very good experience, I am sure they make a real difference.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed at the Fraser Suites with my boyfriend for one night for my 21st birthday. My first impression was that the hotel was very nice from the outside, in a lovely part of the city and the woman at the reception seemed very helpful. The hotel also upgraded us to a bigger room free of charge as it was my birthday! The room itself was great, very modern and stylish and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfy and the room was nice and cosy with the heating on. The room also has a small kitchenette which we didn't really need but was nice for a wee cup of tea in the morning. The bathroom was very nice, with nice touches such as a heated towel rack and nice toiletries, although it did take us a while to figure out how to get the shower on. If you're staying at the hotel you can get 25% off at the New Street car park which is a fair walk down the road, but the nice man at the car park gave us 30% off, making it about £12 for 24 hours. Overall I had an amazing stay at this hotel and I can't fault it, was a shame it was only for one night!

Room Tip: Room 615 was lovely
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Laura O
Dear Laura O,

thank you very much for your great review! We are delighted that we had the opportunity to have you here on this special occassion and it is fantastic to hear that you had a great birthday with us. We are always very happy to look after guests who are staying with us on their birthdays, wedding and honeymoon and we feel that is when our staff really make the difference.

Thank you for mentioning the amenities and the quality of the room and the finishes, we are very proud of our property and it is very good to know that you found it a good location for your 21st birthday.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Staying at Fraser suites was a real treat. We usually stay at medium budget places and got a great deal for Frasers, which turned out to be one of the most luxurious places Ive stayed at during my 10 years of travel.The rooms were a decent size and very tastefully decorated with attention to detail. The bed and pillows were very comfy - we had a great nights sleep as the room was dark and quiet. Then when it was time to get up and about we were on the Royal mile in a hop and a jump surrounded by all the fun things to do and places to eat and drink in Edinburgh. Would DEFINATELY stay here again and recommend this to anyone who would like to treat themselves.

Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple