“Convenient, comfortable and quiet!”

Fraser Suites Edinburgh
Ranked #51 of 149 Hotels in Edinburgh
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Convenient, comfortable and quiet!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for four nights at the Fraser Suites and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was extremely comfortable with a nice view of the New Town. We had a junior suite and the small sitting area was a great place to relax. We were right off the Royal Mile, so the location was convenient yet quiet because we were on a side street. St. Giles Cafe is right next door and they offer a nice menu of coffee drinks, scotch and desserts. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chalk08
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear Chalk08,

thank you very much for your feedback, I am very happy that you had a wonderful experience when staying at Fraser Suites Edinburgh. Your comments about our staff are highly appreciated, and I cannot wait to share your words with them!

The views from our hotel are just fantastic, and it is a very central, but quiet location, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The hotel was perfectly placed on the Royal Mile. It was beautifully decorated and had soft comfortable bedding. We had 2 rooms, the Observatory Suite and a larger suite in the basement. Both were perfect for our needs although the suite in the basement was a little dark with no view. The kitchenette was exactly right for us. We were looking for a fridge, microwave, kettle and cutlery / crockery. There was however a hob and pans should we have wanted to cook.

There were few down points and we would definitely stay again.

The bed in the observatory suite probably needs a new mattress as it slopes, but as I had it to myself I slept on the other side which was fine. There seemed to be a shortage of normal breakfast tea but it could be obtained from reception. The shower did indeed drain very slowly and having read the previous review I am glad I didn't look for a cause!!

Room Tip: We liked the observatory suite, the higher the floor the better for light and view. But the basement...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your fantastic report! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate your comment about one of our mattresses, we are now in the process of replacing it. Also, we have now teamed up with a brilliant local tea/coffee merchant, Brodies, so there is a wide range of teas and coffees available in the bedrooms and in the bar/restaurant as well.

As you said, the location is great and our suites are fully equipped to give guests the real home from home feeling and my team is ready to provide information and assistance should you need any.

Once again, thank you for your review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Choosing accommodation in a city that you are unfamiliar with is always hard. I chose well with Fraser Suites in Giles Street, Edinburgh. This apartment hotel is reasonably priced and is brilliantly located in the "old " city right off the Royal Mile. Everything is within walking distance and the apartments are a great size with all amenities. The beds are lovely and comfy and the staff very friendly. There is a fitness centre and a laundry for travelers to use and a resturant which serves breakfast within the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floors 4 and above
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for the brilliant comments you made. I think the title of your review says everything - our location is perfect (just off the Royal Mile, by St Giles Cathedral), our rooms are very good and spacious (among the biggest in the city) and our team is friendly and helpful. These are the values we are building our service on and this is why our guests continue to enjoy the experience with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I am looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Edinburgh.

Paris
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Fraser Suite during a week end in Edinburgh. We booked a 1 bedroom deluxe suite and I was very happy about our room. There was a small bedroom and a large living room. Big windows evrywhere with a nice view. It is nicely decorated and very functional. I thought the price/quality was good.

The location is great if you are here for tourism.

negative aspects: no business center and the staff was not helpful at all. I needed to scan a document and simply couldn't get anyone to help me or even recommend me a place where I could go.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marinero180
Dear marinero180,

thank you for your very positive comments regarding your stay at Fraser Suites Edinburgh.

As you have mentioned, our location is great and our rooms are very well maintained and equipped for long or short stays.We review our rates regularly to be able to offer the best value to our guests.

Thank you for the comments regarding the business centre, we have taken this one on and we are working on new wired and wireless internet service and would to add a business/internet corner service to our range of services.

I am slightly concerned about the feedback regarding staff members being unhelpful, as this is not the level of customer care we usually delive. I would be grateful if you could give me more details to ensure we can re-train the staff member in question. Please contact me on zsolt.jakri@frasershospitality.com

Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 8 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed in a Junior Suite over the Easter weekend and were generally very impressed with the place, though our outlook from the bedroom was straight onto a stone wall so don't neceesarily expect a view of the city from the lower floors! Other family stayed in a standard room which was a bit less spacious..
The Suites could hardly be more central, close to the Castle, the Grassmarket and a short walk to the Station and Princes Street.
The Fitness room was very well appointed. Breakfast was simple but plentiful and quickly dished up. Staff were very multi-national and there were not too many Scottish accents in evidence!
In summary a very good place to stay in the heart of Edinburgh.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Patrickbellew
ZJakri, General Manager at Fraser Suites Edinburgh, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Patrickbellew,

thank you very much for your very positive comments.

With a city centre location, some of our rooms and suites have views and some of them are located on lower floors with no views. Please contact us prior to your next visit and we will allocate a room with a view for you.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and the use of the gym, we keep improving our facilities and it is good that we have feedbacks like yours to see that we are on the right track!

Once again, thank you for the review.