“Food excellent”
Review of Beijing Banquet

Beijing Banquet
Ranked #494 of 2,727 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Been to the Beijing banquet a few times now and we have always had great food and lots of variety with everything being cooked fresh and hot. Can’t fault the staff and when we have booked a table always been ready for us arriving. Good for groups of people wanting a nice meal.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

More dishes than I had ever encountered at such a medium priced buffet. Lots to choose from and all kept at an appropriate temperature in the water baths and hot plates. I tried little tastes of many dishes and they were all good. My soup tasted very good and we had nice fresh prawn crackers and prawn toasts with it. Service was excellent if a little impersonal - staff young and too busy to chat with customers. I'd say the big plus in this restaurant is that there is such a wide choice of well-prepared dishes everyone can select exactly what they want to eat. At the end of the meal there were a good choice of desserts and lovely fresh fruits to be had. The environment is modern, warm, clean and well-appointed. Children are welcome and with lots of little different tastes on offer it's a super way to introduce them to a new cuisine. We will deffo go back and as for next time, I'll have a couple of my favourite dishes and try some that I didn't get around to tasting tonight. It's well worth a visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went here at 3pm in the afternoon on a Monday with 1 other friend. I stood just inside entrance whilst waiting for my friend and none of the staff greeted me to see if I needed help or if I was just there for a table of 1. My friend showed up after about 15 minutes and then someone greeted us almost immediately. We were sat at a table and the server came back a few minutes later to take our drink order. The drinks took longer than I would have liked but it wasn’t a problem. We went in the afternoon so they didn’t have their entire food selection on but what they did have on was very tasty and very well cooked. I had 4 plates worth of food! The only criticism I really have for the place is that the selection is rather limited, even with all the trays full. I would like to see more variety like Indian food as well. I was thinking of knocking off a star because of this but I won’t because the place is advertised as a Chinese restaurant and the Chinese food that they serve is excellent.

1  Thank Andyyyure
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I was very sceptical when I heard there was going to be a Chinese restaurant was goin to open in Sighthill, however I was blown away! I’ve been here 4 times and all 4 have been awesome! Food is always piping hot and no empty trays, there’s a good variety too. My only gripe is I think the drinks can be very slow coming out, especially if there’s a refill drinks station, sometimes I’m waiting 10-15 minutes for just a glass. However, overall a good, value for money munch!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

First visit to this venue. Generally good experience, although did seem a lot of the dishes were empty (counted at least 6) and no evidence that they were going to be replenished. We visited at 8pm which is 90 minutes before losing so no real excuse for this.

I also had to wait for 5 minutes for a chef to come to the fresh cooked station.

There were still enough options to enjoy a good meal although the over reliance on chicken made it a bit harder for my wife who doesn't eat chicken.

Efficient service and everything nice and clean.

Would we come back, maybe but prefer Cosmo for the greater variety there.