Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
Free cancellation until 20/04/21
Hotels.com
eDreams
1,053 results
All reviews masson house university campus arthur's seat pollock halls holyrood park city centre commonwealth pool trouser press royal mile breakfast was excellent minute walk large bathroom deluxe room bus stop hotel is situated black pudding breakfast room
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2020 via mobile

Fantastic weekend for my wife and I on our anniversary break. Staff were excellent, very polite, knowledgeable and helpful. Hotel location was great. Just a 20 minute walk into the centre and 2 minutes from the start of Arthur’s Chair. We had a room with a splendid view of Arthur’s Chair which was the perfect sight to wake up to.
The breakfast was filling and very tasty.
Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Robert Kitzinger, General Manager at Salisbury Green Hotel & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

Dear Maps816110,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear about your experience and satisfaction with our service, location and bedroom. Delighted that the view from your bedroom as well as breakfast set you up for the day. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2020 via mobile

Booked this hotel based on other customers reviews. I was a bit apprehensive with it being on a university campus but there was no need to worry. Great location. Walking distance to castle but also a bus stop right outside. Hotel staff all very friendly and hotel following Covid rules etc. The room was lovely. Very clean and the bed was the best ever so big and very comfy. Breakfast was very good and could not fault it. We ate in the Bistro one evening - not an extensive menu but what we had was very nice. Free parking which was very good. Excellent price for two nights and I have already recommended it to several friends. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 27 September 2020

stayed here for 2 nights, we ended up in the masson building which isn't the old building. from the inside the place was amazing(not as attractive from the outside). We checked in and had a ground floor room, which was very nice with a very lovely bathroom.

After checking in we tried to get a table but they were busy so couldn't get one until later, they did however reserve us a table for night two, they also pointed out that there is an offer on for early birds.

We had great nights sleep, a great breakfast and explored edinburgh, to get to the royal mile and the castle its a good 30mins walk. great to not be too close to the centre and all of the noise but close to Hollyrood park and arthurs seat.

The restaurant was lovely, we had a main & dessert rather than starter. we had a nice plateful and didnt have to wait to long, the food was nice and hot. We had lovely meal and the staff were friendly enough.

Again another great nights sleep and another good breakfast. We had to ask for the food rather than a buffet due to Covid!

Room tip: good place to stop in Edinburgh
1  Thank nicholasg293
Robert Kitzinger, General Manager at Salisbury Green Hotel & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2020

Dear nicholasg293,

Thank you for taking the time to review Salisbury Green Hotel & Bistro following your stay.
I am very pleased to read of your satisfaction during your time with us in particular with our service, bedrooms and restaurant.
I do hope on your next visit to Edinburgh you will stay with us again.

Head of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 23 September 2020

We stayed few days, half board. Lovely room and reception was always helpful. Big shower and everything clean. Breakfast you can find a good selection of hot savory dishes on the menu and cold sweet selection. I would say that I'd have liked to have one other option for hot sweet food aside porridge. I hope maybe next time we come back. Everything and everyone is lovely and also dinner, food is cooked and presented well. Walking distance from the centre, I think about 20mins and enjoyable. Thanks a lot to all the staff. We will recommend it and come back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Robert Kitzinger, General Manager at Salisbury Green Hotel & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Dear Sam-italy-uk,

Thank you very much for your review and feedback following your stay with us.
I am delighted to read of your enjoyment during your time with us in particular our rooms; cleanliness and catering. I do hope when your travels bring you back to Edinburgh you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 September 2020 via mobile

Enjoyed a one night stay here and have to say was a disappointed when we drove up as lots of students in the vicinity and wasn’t very appealing from outside and not a lot of parking, we thought we had booked a hostel by mistake. It is deceiving as the photos on the web are of the old building HOWEVER I have to say once you entered the building you could tell it has recently been renovated and the room was amazing my other half was very impressed with the cafetiere & ground coffee in the room rather than a sachet of coffee a lovely touch. The decor, the furniture and stying was perfect. Breakfast was really nice, staff were courteous and nothing was too much trouble. Wish our stay had been longer. If we are visiting Edinburgh again will bear this place in mind.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Robert Kitzinger, General Manager at Salisbury Green Hotel & Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2020

Dear 382suen,
Thank you so much for your review of Salisbury Green Hotel & Bistro.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the first impressions did not dent the enjoyment of your stay. I am delighted that my team were able to deliver the service we have set out to achieve and you enjoyed our bedrooms. I look forward to welcome you back in the future.