“Not as nice as it looked ”

Cafe Andaluz Edinburgh
Ranked #252 of 2,698 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Description: Our newest and largest venture, Cafe Andaluz hopes to bring a little bit of Spain to George Street, Edinburgh. Sharing tapas is a great way to eat socially and we make our dishes fresh and as varied as possible. All our dishes are prepared using the best raw materials and are all prepared on the premises. Our wines are sourced solely from Spain and our Sangria is made from traditional recipes passed down through generations. Our staff will always be available to offer advice on menu choices and recommend some of their favourites.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our hotel recommended this restaurant to us. She told us about how nice the food was, so I was expecting really good things.

The food was okay, wasn’t a bad price, didn’t take long to come out. But didn’t get the wow factor. Tapas are one of my favourite things to eat and this restaurant didn’t serve anything that made me stop and think oh my goodness when I come back to Edinburgh I need to come here again.

The mussels had a lot of empty shells, a few of the dishes weren’t very warm. I didn’t find the staff very engaging.

I think the best part was the sangria, which was lovely.

The food looks nice in my pictures but I just didn’t find it very tasty.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,726)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been regulars here for years.
The food taste as good as ever, if the portion sizes are a little less than usual on certain dishes.
However staff are very good and food is reasonably priced.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited on 3 April. Lovely food, 3 of us chose the set menu which offered 3 tapas each. Really lovely. Visit this place if you are in Edinburgh, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Interesting menu. Different tapas dishes on offer to what I've had before, so much was guess work as to what it might taste like.
The Mejillones A La Marinera went down a treat.
The Ensalada Andaluza was very good though I had ordered Espárragos A La Parrilla!
The couscous dish (Ensalada De Piñones) was like eating frogspawn or tapioca - very unusual.
The Chipirones was an interesting dish. I felt like I was given "the scraps" of the batter.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We arrived early and the lovely waitress seated us early and brought us our drinks.

The set menu was extensive and offered great value for money. The food was lovely and I could not complain. The staff were friendly, approachable and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. A lovely experience