“Nice food, nice people ”
Review of Wildfire

Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: New Town
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here by surprise but it was a nice experience.
Good food for an correct price and 2 nice girls serving us.

1  Thank 917marcv
Write a ReviewReviews (2,195)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Cosy, friendly, the food was tasty and made with love. They help us find a lost credit card, and were genuinely welcoming.

1  Thank Ivan T
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We visited here on Easter Monday as part of a 2 night trip to Edinburgh. We booked a few days before and I’m glad we did as it is only a small restaurant.
It was a very snowy evening but the waitresses greeted us and took our wet coats. The decor and ambience of the restaurant was lovely and welcoming.
I ordered the surf and turf with 8oz sirloin cooked medium and my boyfriend ordered the 12oz sirloin also cooked medium.
They were both cooked perfectly and had so much flavour. Even the salad and chips were excellent. These were the best steak meals we have ever had.
We both had desserts (sticky toffee pudding and treacle tart) and again they were both delicious.
Portion sizes were generous and staff attentive.
In total it cost £81 for 2 mains and desserts, a large glass of wine and a beer and we think it was definitely worth it.
We would highly recommend and will certainly return if we ever visit Edinburgh again.

3  Thank penny2503
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We came here over the Easter weekend after wanting to dine here for several months and we were lucky enough to secure a reservation. I opted for the fillet steak which was cooked perfectly. The chips and salad were very tasty too. A very enjoyable meal all round. The service was good and the toilet was clean. I would eat here again. The only snag was that there was no option to leave a gratuity when using the card machine. I wasn’t able to leave as much as I would have liked for the service due to not having enough in cash, which was a little embarrassing.

1  Thank Gerronimo30
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The food and service were excellent. The only reason I’m not giving this restaurant 5* is due to the setting. The meal for 2 of us was over £100 which I don’t mind paying if the setting is special but that’s not what I felt here. I’d describe it as a cafe/bistro type place. The tables are very close together and we had to wait a while to order drinks (although they gave you water straight away upon arrival). Again the food was beautiful and the service excellent but I feel I could have gone to a more luxurious setting with an equivalent or cheaper price. Would I return... yes if it was cheaper, no if otherwise

2  Thank Tina B