1,524 results
All reviews royal mile great location the sofa bed free breakfast minute walk central location yogurt high street train station budget hotel reception staff arthur's seat short stay holyrood palace rooms are small stayed here for nights tourist attractions
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, close to the centre of the city. No parking but there are plenty of close by car parks. Breakfast included in the rate which was really good especially the sausages. I'd highly recommend this hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Chose this hotel for price- good value for the money. If you are looking for extras you won’t find them here. Room for 2 adults and 1 child was tiny- couldn’t walk around once the sofa bed was pulled out. Can hear your neighbors through the wall. Good location just one block off the Royal Mile and a 10 minute walk to Holyrood Park. There is also a Tesco one block down. After 9 pm you need your key to get in the front door. Room was clean, staff friendly at check in. Unfortunately, they don’t offer stamps for you to mail postcards which is a huge pet peeve of mine! How hard is it for hotels to offer this service? The mailman comes daily for pick up and guests would pay for the stamp so what’s the problem?? So annoying

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hi W6Raven,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile for your lodging needs and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I'm sorry to hear that you were let down by the soundproofing of our rooms. Also, I understand that you had issues with the stamps for postcards. Know that providing every guest's needs is our top priority and we are always trying our best to give you a great impression. I have already brought up your comments to the hotel's attention and necessary actions will be taken to avoid the same inconvenience in the future.

On the upside, I'm happy that you found the cleanliness of our rooms satisfactory and you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff. I've shared your compliments with the team and have been acknowledged by the hotel management.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to hear back from you soon and be of further assistance.

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel has all necessary amenities, is clean and has spacious rooms. The location is a bit of a walking distance from Princes street and a short walk away from Royal Mile. Breakfast is good. A decent stay overall.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018

We use Holiday Inn Express quite regularly wherever we go. Great value for your money.We know the rooms will be comfortable with everything we need and breakfast is also included. The hotel is extremely well situated near to the Royal Mile. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the hotel was clean.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsAVC
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Good location for royal mile and other attractions. Room was clean and tidy - bathroom was clean but could do with a re grout. Service was fine. Could leave bags before check in and after etc. Would recommend for a stay where you are mostly out and seeing the city but need somewhere clean and easy to come back to at night. Parking is at the NCP down the road and is subsided by the hotel. You can park out the front, unload bags then go and park in car park. Get ticket from machine and have it validated before you leave the hotel and then pay in the car park.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Royal Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hello sw2102,

I'm pleased to read your review and thank you for spending the night with us here in Edinburgh. With our location, I'm happy this perfectly suited your needs as well as the places you'd like to go. I feel great to leave you with a pleasant experience to remember of us. It made me smile knowing we have provided you with a clean and comfortable room, indeed, a great place to rest for the night. Thank you for the tips and insights with the parking and the bathroom grout. I'm sorry if it made you a bit uncomfortable.

I have shared your insights with our management to inspire and for us to do even better. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I look forward to hosting you once again and make it extraordinary.

Best regards,