“Very Tasty Supper”

Namaste Kathmandu Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Namaste Kathmandu Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 2,754 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: USD 5 - USD 26
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepalese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Namaste on Edinburgh's Forest Road has reopened as Namaste Kathmandu with the same well-respected chef but a new look and menu. A cosy entrance lounge bar leads to a smart, peaceful dining area decorated with fine Nepalese art. For Namaste Kathmandu specialises in North Indian and Nepalese food. Most people come here for the latter, regularly ordering the kathmandu king pawns in papaya, murgh tikka masala, and banepa ko lamb mysore. At the end of the menu is a small but noteable choice of Nepalese dishes such as momo or dumplings (popular in Nepal itself), and chicken dish bhuteko kukhura, A good choice of restaurant for a quick wholesome meal or a leisurely three-course exotic feast. Downstairs there's second smaller and quieter space.
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I shared a wonderful dinner at Namaste. My wife thoroughly enjoyed the prawns in coconut milk and my 14 year ate every drop of the chicken tikka masala. Overall a very good meal, but beware it can be a bit loud.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Great food, love that you can choose your spice level. Attentive service. Warmed us up on a very chilly evening in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I was never a great fan of Indian food before my friend introduced me to this place. It’s without a doubt the best Indian food I’ve ever had. I now tell people I love it and would recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I left a glowing review earlier but there appears to have been a big shake up and a lot has changed.

The great serving staff have been replaced and while the new ones are fine it was really the food that let me down. Previously I thought of this place as having the best Indian/Nepalese food outside of India/Nepal but the new food and menu is not up to scratch with previous.

Still a decent option, but I will no longer uniquely give Nameste my custom.

Thank NobleBrutus .
Reviewed 25 February 2018

This was one of a limited number of Indian restaurant options within walking distance of my hotel, which made a difference since it was raining. Fortunately the biryani I ordered was excellent and the price was reasonable. I suspect it is a favorite of the university students, who are nearby. A very decent option if you are looking for Indian food in Edinburgh.