Piperdam Golf & Leisure Resort
USD 55
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 73/night.

Premier Inn Dundee East Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
USD 84
Premier Inn Dundee North Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
USD 82
PremierInn.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 100/night.

USD 78
USD 75
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 114/night.

USD 103
Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa(Dundee)(Great Value!)
USD 106
USD 103
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 144/night.

Malmaison Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
USD 86
USD 83
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 118/night.

DoubleTree by Hilton Dundee(Dundee)(Great Value!)
USD 83
USD 105
USD 99
Priceline
Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel(Dundee)(Great Value!)
USD 84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
1,006 results
All reviewsexecutive lodgevegas lodgehot tub and saunawashing up liquidquad bikingmuirloch lodgepot holesrainbow executivelog cabinview restaurantsnooker tableswimming poolself cateringdriving rangemonday to fridaymain receptionwelcome pack
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Stayed for 2 out of the 3 night minimum booking in Osprey Lodge for inter-generational birthday weekend. Age range from 70 down to 4 weeks old!
Osprey lodge not palatial but not expensive for the peace and comfort. Huge price/ size of lodge range available. Lodges are offset amidst birch/ pine woods sloping down lo water. Offered screened privacy, lots of wildlife. Saw rabbits, ducks, red squirrel.
Beds comfy, fully equipped, spotlessly clean. Great hot showers!
Needs new equipment but what’s there works fine!
Would return.

Stayed: April 2018
Moira L, Manager at Piperdam Golf & Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Glad your Birthday celebrations were successful and that you enjoyed our standard lodges. Hopefully you will return and experience one of the many others. Yes we have plenty wildlife at Piperdam.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

We had tea in Howies Bar tonight for the first time in a while and sorry to say it will be the last time in a good while. In our opinion it has gone downhill drastically - the decor is tired and drab, the furniture is shabby and worn and the whole place needs a refurb and a good clean - there was dropped food and a bottle top under our table. The service was adequate but very basic with no niceties and the order wasn’t quite correct when it arrived. The food was nothing special - we had fish and chips which wasn’t quite hot enough and was served on worn white plates - absolutely no effort made to make the food look appetising or appealing.My wine was served in a glass which had seen better days as had the water glasses. All in all it was a very disappointing visit and it’s high time some time and money was spent on improving the whole place .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JakeBHR

I am sorry this was your experience at Piperdam. I trust you made the restaurant manager aware of your issues and I hope he rectified these for you. Recently there has been huge investment in Piperdam and this is demonstrated by our new activities, our new soft play area, our newly refurbished reception area, our new shop, our newly upgraded sauna, steam room and new lodges. We will move into the bar area in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a Rainbow Executive lodge 6th—9th April. This was a pet friendly lodge (64)so we brought the dog along. The lodge itself was very nice. Clean and tidy and everything you needed including outdoor hot tub. The only complaint I have is that these lodges are labelled pet friendly. Not so much as the fences around the garden are too short and our 7 month old cockapoo could fit right under. When reporting this we were told the dog should be on the lead at all times, well what is the point of bringing him. The maintenance man then appeared with a piece of rope to extend the lead. Eh no thank you. My husband ended up fixing the issue himself.
Very pricy stay and my husband has stayed many times before and he seems to think the prices have gone up but standards have gone down. Not sure I will be returning.

2  Thank niknik100579

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry you didn't feel your dog was safe as he/she could slip under the fence area. We do ask that dogs are kept on leads especially in the Hot tub area where the fence is. We did try to help regarding the issue however I am sorry our response didn't help. We operate 'live pricing' so the prices change each day and are the prices are what they are at the time of booking. Hopefully you will return.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in one of the new Raeburn lodges Mon-Fri. The lodge was beautifully decorated, well equipped and the hot tub clean and well maintained. Few dusty bits here and there in the lodge but otherwise clean. We reported there was a missing welcome / lodge info book on the Monday to reception - one never appeared during our stay but it wasn't necessary for us.

The organised facilities were excellent. The two young chaps who run the kids activities are a credit and genuinely seem to enjoy what they do. Our kids (5&7) did quite a few activities in the play barn and the pool and enjoyed them all.

We ate out at Howies and the restaurant and both were excellent, attentive staff and good food.

The newer lodges are located at the far end of the park which is quieter and suited us perfect. The setting of the main resort is lovely but it could be very special with a bit of work. It would be nice if they worked on the landscaping in the new areas of the resort to make it more wooded and like the rest of the resort. It was also a shame that there wasn't a nice wooded pathway to get to these lodges instead of sharing the road with cars. There are quite a few areas in the resort that feel a bit unfinished with piles of builders sand beside roads, unfinished landscaping around the playbarn etc etc. This wasn't quite what I was expecting. You couldn't really just let the kids run about as they were mostly always sharing space / roads with cars except for a few short sections of dedicated walkway. For an active break I think it would be nice to segregate and prioritise walking and cycling routes more around the resort. It would be lovely if the loch had a walkway / Cycle path around it with no danger of stray golf balls.

We really enjoyed out stay and would definitely return. I hope work on the resort continues and perhaps a more country / woodland feel develops in all areas.

1  Thank crmum

Delighted that you enjoyed one of our new lodges and you will appreciate that we are continually developing the park and the area. I will pass on your suggestions to the appropriate people and we will certainly listen to some of your suggestions. We will eventually have a walkway and a cycle path so hopefully when you return you will see some of the developments.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I took my wife and 7 month old son there on our 1st ever family holiday since the wee man arrived.

It wasn't quite what I had in mind for a relaxing long weekend away. The location is beautiful and close to the city and attractions but there was quite a few things that bugged me.

For a start, I think the resort is geared far more towards adult entertainment, every 2nd lodge seemed to be full of drunk middle aged women on hen nights, screaming and whooping as they drank in the hot tubs. Not exactly great for a sleeping baby.

Also when I arrived and saw the high chair they had provided for our son, I immediately noticed how dirty it was. Upon closer inspection, it had mould on it as well as dried on food from the previous user. I phoned reception and they organised another... but sadly it was just as bad. I'm guessing they store them in an old shed or something. I didn't bother again and just had our son eating on my lap.

The lodge itself was very nice and clean, the hot tub was great and worked well, as did all the amenities. They could benefit from surfacing the roads to the lodges as they are just dirt track in some bits and it gets pretty muddy in the wet.

All in all it is probably a great place for a stag/hen do... or a big adult gathering. But not really geared for kids as young as ours.

1  Thank martin p