“Restaurant & Room”

Premier Inn Dundee Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Ate in restaurant. Some customers playing pool, foul mouth! Meal was ok, nothing exceptional. Room, I set on high and no matter what I did, it went back to 19 degrees. What is it with Premier Inn's. I like to be warm and not have to sit with my coat on while watching TV.

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor. Not a lot more to say. Room was quiet enough
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Wanda A

Reviewed 6 November 2016

I went with the family as a last resort and it did whatever it said on the tin. The staffs were friendly and very helpful and the rooms were good value for money. I was easily able to add on an extra day. Lovely stay with no hassle.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank maynard1221
Reviewed 3 November 2016

I stayed with my family at the start of September, we choose the hotel because of its location and car parking. This was our first time staying at a premier inn and probably our last. The hotel itself was great, quick check in, clean warm room with nice view. Also close to town centre. Our problem was with TableTable, we arrived in Dundee at Dinner time got our son settled into his room at uni and were finished up about 9.30pm, so time to relax and have in the drink in the bar? Not a chance the bar service was dreadful the girl was obviously in training and left to her own devices, then we were told that we'd have to leave by 11 as they wanted to get closed up early. Other guests arrived so we stayed a little later. Next morning (Sat) we were greeted by the male receptionist who was very pleasant went to the restaurant and had a lovely cooked breakfast. Only problem was finding a mug that looked clean. Our room was tidy and clean when we returned later that day. Same dreadful service in the bar that night again from the girl, we wouldn't be ones for going to bars in the town just wanted to relax with a few drinks before bed and didn't want to leave our teenage son in the room on his own, so we put up with it. The next morning before leaving for our ferry we again went for breakfast and were desperately disappointed. It seemed to be a mixture of fresh and reheated leathery sausages other parts of the fry were cold, i left most of mine and it was taken away without any inquiry to what the problem with it was. I had to wait for ages on tea and again check mugs. If we hadn't been tight for time I'd have ask for another breakfast, I did put everything on the email questionnaire and requested a response but still nothing so obviously they're not read. If your looking for room only I'd have no problem in recommending but if your looking for bar/breakfast stay elsewhere as this isn't a cheap hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at the Best Western Queens Hotel great breakfasts, parking, great location
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Margaret S
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Like all premier inns i have stayed in i canot say anythinh wrong with this premier inn either good location freindly helpfull staff clean rooms great sleep realy recomend near bye tourist attractions although my stay was purely for rest wich i certainly got for kids there is a near by ice rink and cinema plenty in amd around weather pleasure business or solo

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mhjls9801
Reviewed 9 October 2016

We had a comfortable stay at this Premier Inn. It's location on the river is beautiful. It is also an easy walk to the train station. However, this Inn is closing to be replaced with bigger and better hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family