“Apex Review”

Apex City Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Friendly staff, lovely large room (standard), bar area has a great outlook. Spa was very busy at the time we went so we couldnt enter. However, staff took our room number and called us as soon as it had quietened down. Our room and Spa were of a high standard and deserving of the 4 star status. would recommend and definately go back again.

Room Tip: Standard room was more than big enough. Very good.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,244)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have now made several trips to Dundee staying at a number of different hotels, but have found myself continuing to come back to the Apex. I have found it to be second to none with service in the UK.
The staff are more than willing to ensure my every comfort is seen to without any delays or excuses.
When greeted they remember me by name and have my favourite room ready for me. If I am busy they are more than happy to take my bags to the room to save me time.
Room service is excellent, never had any problems with the Wi-Fi, never been rushed out of my room.
The Spa is an excellent extra for pampering yourself while you are there.
The rooms are very comfortable and very well laid out, the lounge is very cosy, and spoilt for choice with breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

First time we've stayed here & I would definitely come back. Hotel rooms are spacious & so are the bathrooms. Very clean, quiet & well-equipped. Probably the best hairdryer I've had in an hotel! Might sound frivolous, but I end up taking my haidryer with me wherever we go because the hotel dyers are usually inadequate, or even worse, the flex never reaches to the mirror!
Staff were all really helpful, even down to the wee cleaner guy who helped us with keys for the locker at the Spa.
Swimming pool is a great plus, with hot tubs, sauna & steam room too. Great stay & great value too.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Lovely hotel in Dundee and will consider again on my next visit to the city. Check in was effortless and with first class welcoming staff. The room was clean, modern and with an excellent view over the Quay. The pool and spa area were also very nice! A nice time was had and I must commend the hotel and it's staff. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the city views
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed for one night at the hotel when we went to see a concert at the Caird Hall. The hotel was very nice with a good restaurant and Spa facilities. The choice of food was good and the quality was good too. The room was very clean with a nice bathroom - shower and separate bath which is always nice. It is a good location and near the centre of the city. There is free Wifi throughout the hotel and this was a real bonus.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and we are planning to return again in the future.