USD 115
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 136/night.

USD 69
Priceline
Greenlaw Guest House(Gretna Green)
Alexander House(Gretna Green)
TripAdvisor
Kirkcroft Guest House(Gretna Green)
Gretna Hall(Gretna Green)
  • Restaurant
All reviewshoneymoon suitecrispy beefwedding partycouldn't do enoughstaff were brilliantvisiting gretnabooked this hotelwedding receptionwould highly recommend this hotelpieevening meallovely mealwedding breakfastfriendly hoteljacuzzi bathfeel very welcomemany thanks
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t rate this place highly enough. The staff and manger went above and beyond. They made sure the kids where happy and managed to meet every other need or request. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the food was fantastic.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
robinsamui, General Manager at Hazeldene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you for your kind review, we really do enjoy what we do and its just nice when we get a positive mention. Hope you and the kids visit again, a warm welcome awaits you.

Robert Johnston

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This site is ok if you are just passing through but I wouldn’t advise booking for a wedding. The food was brilliant but There was no co-ordination between management & staff and multiple issues throughout in example electrical issues and not rectified. Was told if guest didn’t show up then we was entitled to a refund and then denied it. They change their minds to however it suits. Very unprofessional in staff attitude, not a pleasent experience. Also we was told we could have background music and when we was going to set up the bar staff said we couldn’t she messaged a co-ordinator and got a message back within minutes... but only mentioned this to ourselves 2 hours past set up time. The honeymoon well.... let’s just say a lot needs maintenance in there and majority of the rooms for example holes in bedsheets, windows not opening, holes in the wall, floor boards creaking all the time. To say this venue has recently been refurbished it doesn’t seem that they have done much other than a paint job on the outside but nothing more!

1  Thank robster8916
robinsamui, General Manager at Hazeldene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Robert and Luke,
Thank you for your review although I do find it rather harsh, so I will respond to your issues as best I can.

I was not and have not been made aware of any electrical issues either by yourselves or any member of staff, however I would be grateful if you could contact me with regard to these issues. (I have just been informed that the trip switch in room 7 tripped on Tuesday night but it was quickly put right and that is why I was not notified.)

With regard to the windows I have been to every room this morning and opened every window.

With regard to a refund for guests that were booked for the meal, I think I was more than fair, you submitted a pre order for 5 different starters, 9 different main courses and 4 desserts, for a total of 36 adults and 10 children, on arrival the day prior to the wedding you informed me 6 adults would not be attending, I deducted the 6 meals priced at £19.95 from the bill. 4 hours prior to the meal you informed a member of staff an additional 4 guests would not be attending, as the items ordered were not on our regular menu, we purchased them specifically for you, I did not issue a refund.

(Note this amount of choices would not be catered for at any other venue I know off and would not normally be entertained by ourselves, but we aim to please.)

With regard to The Honeymoon Room, it is what it is with a 4 poster, Jacuzzi style bath, sofa, record player with a selection of records etc, its not perfect but it is 50% less in price than most Gretna Green Hotels.

The holes in several bed sheets is a puzzle we use the same laundry services as all Gretna Hotels and the room maids would never knowingly furbish a bed with a holy sheet and I am sure the laundry company likewise would not knowingly send holy sheets to us, hotels in general do not own the linen the hire it.

With regard to the background music you are 100% correct and I apologise, this was verified by the coordinator as soon as the message was received and should have been rectified much quicker and you should have at a minimum been offered free credits on the jukebox in the interim.

The restaurant and bar were refurbished to a very good standard in May 2016. The bedrooms however although perhaps given a makeover are in need of some TLC, this I am informed by the parent company will be undertaken in the near future. In the meantime whilst the rooms are at an acceptable level for a 2/3 star hotel and priced accordingly, we are always vigilant and address any issues we either find or that are brought to our attention.

Kind Regards
Robert Johnston
Relief General Manager

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as a family. Lovely clean hotel with enough room in their family room for four. Staff very friendly. Good breakfast and evening meal was good & fair price.
Great location for visting Gretna green. Literally opposite.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We stayed here for 1 night mid-week to break our journey south. It's fair to say that the room was small, very basic and did need some upgrading. However we're giving it a 'very good' because of the very generous breakfast included in the price and the warm welcome and friendliness of the staff. We ate in the restaurant in the evening. A decent, well priced menu - but the kitchen closed very early. Being there mid-week it was quiet so we have no complaints about noise.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
robinsamui, General Manager at Hazeldene Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback, which I find to be fair and constructive.

The kitchen does close a little early, but it is really down to supply and demand, many guests come from larger towns and cities where Restaurants have a much more captive audience, Gretna simply has very little foot trade after 8pm, hence why there is no independent Restaurant in the local area.

Regards
Robert

Reviewed 12 March 2018

So we decided to get married after 25 years and we needed a venue that could accommodate 15 of us. The Hazeldene did just that, we booked 7 rooms that had everything we needed, we had our reception party with a buffet and drinks that ticked all the boxes and it was across the road from the Old Blacksmiths. The reason for a 5 star review is simple, the buffet was served as we requested, everything we asked for we got, the chef was on hand ensuring food was continually topped up. Next up was our host Robert, he made us feel welcome from the minute we arrived, calmed our nerves made all of our guests feel welcome, any request from any of our party was delivered with a smile. So if it’s a hotel that can offer food, drinks and a warm and welcoming atmosphere then it has to be the Hazeldene, and unlike other venues at Gretna every request is not met with it will cost you an extra few ££, Roberts reply was always yes! no problem we can do that for you. Thank you to Robert and all of the staff at the Hazeldene who made our special day very SPECIAL!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family